Search results

1. S

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Other than the price/size difference, why not just use a Denon avr-x4800h? Has audyssey, multi I/o, HDMI and a nice amp? I have an x4300h, and am wondering if adding this pro plus is better than upgrading to the x4800h ? I do have an Nvidia shield I use for streaming via HDMI to the avr.
  2. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Similar question as another poster. I have the avr-x4300h and looking at current models. Is there anything I will gain? I run a nice external amp, so power is not an issue. TV is 4k, so 8k not needed. a. For sound quality, would it better to get these or a Wiim Pro Plus (which would also help...
  3. S

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET or Hypex Nilai500DIY?

Objectively, you aren't supposed to hear any differences, but still, any more subjective details compared to the Denon ? I have a Denon x4300H avr, and also looking at this audiophonics model...
  4. S

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Everything I have been reading here says that the amps should sound the same. What differences are you hearing?
  5. S

Denon AVR measured power not making sense

I have the b&w 803d4. This is in 2 channel mode, sub off. 14 feet distance. I tried this with both my Denon and my emotiva xpa-3 gen 1, and both shows about 30 odd wats of power increase over idle. This is to get 75 to 80 dBSPL. My room also opens to a kitchen and then to adjoining large room.
  6. S

Thanks, sounds reasonable. I would like to try out a good, clean 200+ watt amp to compare if there any obvious improvements, if the Denon is lacking power.
  7. S

Input is from an Nvidia Shield HDMI into the Denon AVR. I assume its "full" range from there. Volume set to 65 (out of 98).
  8. S

This is a cross post from another thread (probably posted in wrong thread. I am not sure how to edit/remove it ) I measured power usage with a kill a watt meter on my Denon x4300H. 90 watt without music, up to about 125 watt at 75dBSPL at MLP (using a calibrated Umik-1 + REW SPL Meter). So...
  9. S

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Been reading so many threads recently. What I gather is - Distortion below -70dB is mostly inaudible (Klippel tests indicated mean values for testers even much higher distortion) - crosstalk below -20dB is inaudible - IMD below -60dB is inaudible - I measured power usage with a kill a watt...
  10. S

Amp for B&W 803 D4 - upgrade Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 to Mcintosh, Purify or Hypex Ncx500 or Nilai

Still debating with myself here. So I switched to just the Denon x4300H. (Warning - subjective words - In a non blind test, it sounds cleaner but leaner than with the Emotiva XPA-3. ) 1. I re-ran Audyssey, and somehow, now the max volume setting is back to 99, not the 88 it was before. Any...
  11. S

Is there any info on these ncx502 amps? $600 would be pretty good. Where can I get one or get in line?
  12. S

They show an ~ $60 UPS fee to ship to the US. Has anyone bought from them before and knows if there will be additional customs or clearance or brokerage charges etc when the item arrives in the US? Or that is the only shipping charge you pay all in?
  13. S

Do you feel any difference in dynamics, base performance, high frequency sharpness etc when comparing internal amps to your Mcintosh in 2 channel mode ? What would cause the difference ?
  14. S

Amp for B&W 803 D4 - upgrade Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 to Mcintosh, Purify or Hypex Ncx500 or Nilai

I don't see any high frequency brightness either. In fact, got a really nice, flattish (+/- 2dB) plot, with gentle high frequency roll-off after Audyssey, as checked by REW. In fact, the only problem is too high base for some reason after EQ. This is easily fixed by some base trim. Music and...
  15. S

That is a bummer. I was planning on using an external DAC like the SMSL SU 1, then analog in to this AVR, and either use the internal amps, or just use it as a pre+room eq, and add external amps for L+R.
  16. S

This is the test I am referring to -
  17. S

Is the multitone test at 13 bits not concerning? SOTA is 18 or more bits, but shouldn't 16 bits to at least resolve CD quality be the minimum? There are a lot of positives to the x4800h, but this keeps tripping me up.
  18. S

Thanks for sharing ! I've been going in circles with my avr/amp situation. I posted here - https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denon-avr-x4800h-avr-review.42812/post-1640834
  19. S

Those curves look great. I have a rectangular room 17x15, which opens to the kitchen behind the MLP couch, on the long axis. Just got REW and Umik-1 microphone setup, but still learning. REW isn't showing base response as low as yours, near 20Hz. Is that with sub? Your EQ'd curves look great to...
  20. S

I'm still deciding on replacing my Denon avr-x4300h + Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1, fed by HDMI from Nvidia Shield. Would switching to just an x4800h lead to audible differences? What about adding an ext DAC like SMSL SU-1 to the Shield, then into the Analog input of x4800h? What about adding an ext...
Top Bottom