Search results

1. B

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

I use it as a Spotify receiver, with which it works natively. It does NOT need to stream from a phone or PC.
  2. B

Review and Measurements of Technics SL-PG100 vintage CD player

It sent me a private message and asked me to ask you to give it an SPDIF out.
  3. B

wondom bru5 pc dsp configurable TPA 3255 "300w x 2" mini amplifier

I've been sleeping on this for a couple of days. I do believe someone made that recommendation, but it doesn't make sense. At any time when playing music, amps are typically below 1% of their maximum load, and don't burn out. Just because I have 6x300W amps connected to my speakers certainly...
  4. B

Yes, but neither my hifi nor my TV are a PC. Be aware that a graphic equalizer is not the same as the PEQs that the BRU5, miniDSP, and the Dayton DSP amps have.
  5. B

Yes, it has 2 banks of 10x PEQs, both apply to both channels, so you end up with 20x both-channel PEQs, not 10x stereo PEQs These can be configured as hi/low pass, shelf, or peak filters, pretty much the same as my miniDSP Flex.
  6. B

I cannot think of a good reason why running a stereo amp in mono would harm it. You would also get away with a smaller power supply. Bear with me, and you'll see I'm also planning running empty channels... A 10x50W amp would indeed be useful for a 5.1 setup where are the speakers are bi-ampable...
  7. B

I noticed these $20-$90 DSP amps at PartsExpress, from 2x15W up to 4x100W. Amps Small amps Preamp The 4x30W looks interesting for a pair of 2-way Zenith Circle of Sound speakers I'm rebuilding with modern drivers. Mm, or the 4x100 for some Sansui SF-2 I rebuilt as 2-way. Mm, I have some...
  8. B

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

For practical reasons in my not particularly large room, I forgo the SPM and triamp my speakers with 3x2x300w. The practical reason being that I do not have a SPM.
  9. B

Thanks. I wonder if the firmware update will be released.
  10. B

Here's a picture of the internals. I suppose it is possible that Topping actually make two completely different amps and write PA7/PA7plus inside each of them, instead of taking the simple route of making one amp and bundling it with a choice of PSUs.
  11. B

Yes, one year original manufacturer, plus one year Apos. 1+1 = 2
  12. B

Thanks. Doesn't work for me. The ACPWorkbench linked in the manual at Amazon is ver 2.24.2 Ver 2.33.0 is linked at post #181 on this thread https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/true-wireless-stereo-tws-bluetooth-for-speakers.379643/page-10
  13. B

Doesn't work for me, and I tried various combinations of off-hold-on-wait-release-off off-hold-on-wait-off-release off-hold-on-wait-release-press-off Are there more explicit instructions?
  14. B

Interesting. For those not awake, this runs on 12v, is small, and has mounting holes. It would bring room correction, bluetooth, and amplification, to your car. For $17. Don't even need to buy a power supply. Can install it somewhere out of sight, and leave the power up full, then control it...
  15. B

The PA7 and PA7+ are the same amp. Only the power supply is different.
  16. B

If the internal crossovers are designed properly, passive bi-amping makes no difference. From one amp, high notes are passed to the tweeters, and low notes are absorbed. From the other amp, low notes are passed to the woofers, and high notes are absorbed. The two amps do not know half their...
  17. B

Thanks. I'm comfortable with ACPWorkbench. It's the eerie noise when bluetooth is not connected that annoys me, so I'm assuming the ADC. ACPW is only used for setting the PEQs, turning on the stereo widener, and enabling SPDIF. Then can be ignored. I actually received 3x BRU5 amps, so I tried a...
  18. B

Yes, there are both. That'll be a project for a rainy day. Will either cannibalise an RCA socket, or add a new RCA / 3.5mm / Toslink depending on space and how lazy I'm feeling. Datasheet Link here from an earlier post in this thread. Press the "View More" button.
  19. B

I cannot find a Hypex solution delivered to US for only "a few dollars more" than a Topping solution delivered to US. Topping US distributor APOS Audio has the PA7 at $449, already in US, with 2 year warranty. Cheapest Hypex NC502MP I can see is the Buckeye at $695 with 1 year warranty. Much...
  20. B

Biamping with the crossovers after the power amps (they are still present inside the speakers) does little. With the gold bars present and a single PA7, the tweeters see half of one channel of the PA7, and the woofers see the other half. With the gold bars removed and two PA7s, the tweeters see...
Top Bottom