Search results

1. S

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

i have a pair of these. i got them to replace a pair of Polk es-20s paired with a 'pair' of Polk PSW-10 subs. I'm not sure if its the '2.5 way' crossover method but the towers provide a more 'holographic' sound stage...something in the mids is more noticeable and complete but not muddy...
  2. S

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

i have been using a syn now for about 9 months and enjoy it. i had a basic schiit stereo system...just beyond near-field listening in a basement. i had played around with the halfler/eno schematic in years past when listening to ambient(steve roach stuff) and movies. with some guitar...
  3. S

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

i have a pair of es-20, with dual polk psw10s....for me, in a case such as with the misfits song - hybrid moments, a baritonish vocal, i didn't get that at all. 7.5 ft ceiling, with owens-corinng insulation above, a rubbery gym tile floor with concrete walls. for the most part it vocals sat...
  4. S

Schiit Gjallarhorn objective review

"From personal experience, it's great..." i didnt see a thread police comment on this one either. try not to be so subjective in determining thread title adherence.
  5. S

"Sound is very good, so much so"....did you comment on this opposite? no. and their are comments here that indicate the poster hasn't even listened to the amp in question. i have....and reported my results, hard to give any objectivity on a audio amp without having listened to it.
  6. S

i am ujsing two gjallarhorns as monoblockswith a schiit preamp/dac and the loki mini+....these are mated to dual polk psw10s and es20 bookshelves. i was using an ayima and tried a fosi, beefed up, v3 prior the the gjallarhorns. the chi-fi stuff perhaps can go louder...but i will say i got a...
  7. S

there was one called 'bar bathroom stall' it added just a muffled boomy sound to the track.
  8. S

if its a niche product they expect niche sales?
  9. S

doenst the product allow for simple un-schitty processing for tracks that the schiity processing wont benefit? ie, a avolume control of each mode - main, center or surround? are there recordings where the volume and tweaking of the syn might be delightful? i have carefully increased my tv...
Top Bottom