Search results

1. G

Hypothetical Cambridge/QEF setup

Say I bide my time and score some Black Friday type deal and pay a total of $900 for a pair of KEF q150 speakers and a Cambridge Audio CXA61 to power them. This is for a small-ish sized room/setting. Can I do any better with anything else (speakers plus integrated amp w/DAC)?
  2. G

Class D-size amplifiers with Airplay?

Thanks. Yes, I have no interest in roon. I've got the WiiM connected with optical to send my receiver 48 kHz / 24 bits. This give my old Pioneer VSX-D509S receiver and Yamaha NS-6390 speakers some new life, allowing me to bide my time as I contemplate an upgrade. Thanks for all the feedback...
  3. G

I'm going to experiment with the WiiM mini. There's a $5 coupon for it on Amazon and with some Amazon credit I had on hand, it ended up being $45 after tax. If I use an optical output to my Pioneer receiver, I'll be ok with "not bad" results. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be back when I upgrade!
  4. G

Would any of those produce significantly better sound on their own vs the WiiM Mini and my Pioneer? It seems like the Fosi T10 might be the best choice among those other stand-alone amps, no?
  5. G

Thanks. That might work. The review of the WiiM on this site is a "no," but it adds that with an optical output it's better. Also, I mistyped earlier. My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-D509S. So, am I correct to assume that with an optical input along with the Pioneer doing the DAC instead of the...
  6. G

In buying time for plans to build a decent system around KEF Q150 speakers, which I'm saving to purchase, I've decided to make do with what I currently have: Yamaha NS-6390 speakers connected to a Pioneer VSX-D509S receiver. I'd be temporarily happy if I could just make the system capable of...
Top Bottom