Search results

1. tsfreo

Wharfedale Super Denton

So are you thinking about picking up a pair? I cannot decide. I love my Linton 85th editions in my living room - and I would be interested in a similar sound in my study (smaller room) in which I currently use Elac DBR62s. Thing is, these may sound a bit different, but are they worth dropping...
  2. tsfreo

WiiM Ultra

Without intending any offence or to upset anyone....In this thread (and on other forums) there are a lot of comments wishing that the unit had more inputs, different outputs, bigger screen, no screen etc etc. Ultimately manufacturers have to design a product that will have a big enough market...
  3. tsfreo

Audiophonics Ncore 500 W / channel stereo amp

Thanks for replying. I did end up getting the LPA and it has been great (here in sunny Western Australia). No heat issues at all. Mind you, I don't really test its limits at all. Pretty moderate volume use with reasonably sensitive speakers.
  4. tsfreo

WiiM Ultra

Waiting on the Ultra - it is the device that kept me from getting a DMP-A6. I have a Pro running into a reasonable DAC into my living room and the Ultra seems just the thing to make my system a little more user friendly for the whole family, without costing a fortune. Pretty amazing products...
  5. tsfreo

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

My Audiophonics amp is about 6 months old and I have only moved to using a 12v trigger on it about a month ago. Might turn out that moving to a trigger setup rather than using the power button will be a good move in the longer run.... I'm in Western Australia, so a long way for replacement parts...
  6. tsfreo

AUDIOPHONICS LPA-S400ET

No practical difference as far as I can tell - aside from I think the larger case had twin 12v triggers and some built in heat sinking. I bought the smaller case (LPA-S500NC), so no heat sink but heat generation has not been a concern at all for me. Very happy user. If I bought another I might...
  7. tsfreo

My LPA-S500NC, which is a similar hypex based amp from Audiophonics is also dead silent - though I run Lintons which are 90dB sensitivity. I use XLR connects.
  8. tsfreo

Just a further experience to reinforce what you suggested about contacting Audiophonics. I emailed them at what would have been about 730am Paris time (I am in perth, Western Australia) and they came back 90 minutes later (about 9.05am Paris time) with a specific response to my query - saying...
  9. tsfreo

Cool. Thanks. I have bought a different amp from Audiophonics before and had a great experience.
  10. tsfreo

Anyone care to highlight for me whether the following matters for someone who plans to feed this via XLR from a Rotel pre (RC-1572 mk2). I don't think it matters for me, but thought I'd check here. From Audiophonics description with the amp: "This amplifier does not have a decoupling capacitor...
  11. tsfreo

Amplifier Recommendations for Wharfedale Linton 85th

As usual key relevant factors include size of listening space and volume levels as you consider what kind of power/amp capabilities are right for someone running Lintons. Sensible listening levels in a medium sized space don't demand huge power - but certainly I would go for an amp rated for 4...
  12. tsfreo

I can chip in after having run a C368 with Lintons for many months. They play nicely together. In a medium sized space the NAD offers capable power for the Lintons and can happily handle lower ohm dips. I know a few people that have the retro look C3050 with Lintons and are very happy - I note...
  13. tsfreo

Thanks. That is interesting. I also think the NAD implementation of the Hypex UcD is good. I'm going to add a NCore power amp (using the NAD as a preamp for now) as I think the extra power will be handy for my use case. Cheers
  14. tsfreo

Just out of curiosity have you compared how they go with your C368 vs other amps - because I have the same NAD amp (it is great) and Lintons and wondered as I listened using them whether more power would improve the performance, even at the same listening levels. I added an older Emotiva BASX300...
  15. tsfreo

Audiophonics Ncore 500 W / channel stereo amp

Hi, reviving an old thread to ask whether you found any heat issues at all with your LPA-S500NC after living with it for a bit. I'm looking at the same unit and just hesitating over whether to get it, or the HPA bigger box version which costs a bit more. I doubt I'll be driving my unit too hard...
  16. tsfreo

AUDIOPHONICS LPA-S400ET

Fair enough. I'll have a think about my use case.
  17. tsfreo

AUDIOPHONICS LPA-S400ET

Hmmm. Doesn't seem like all that much for the extra coin.
  18. tsfreo

AUDIOPHONICS LPA-S400ET

I know this is an old thread but I want to check with members to see if someone can explain this - with the various Audiophonics Hypex amps - like the two mentioned in this thread - there are slim unit LPA and bigger unit HPA versions. I can see that the HPA versions seem to use two modules and...
  19. tsfreo

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Did anyone else reply to this query? I am wondering something similar. A Wiim Pro (streamer) into a SMSL D0200 (DAC) is giving me pretty good performance (particularly bang for buck) - only thing really missing compared to the DMP-6A is the nice screen and the SSD. I'm running single ended...
Top Bottom