Search results

1. D

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Apologies, life got really busy. Thanks for your comments everyone. I think I will leave the sub for now. It's not cheap and I'm concerned that I'm limited with placement options. The 150s sound great without one.
  2. D

Thanks DJ, I have no idea if my room is lacking in that frequency range. One thing I did notice the other day actually was that if I sit back on the sofa which is just over 1 meters further back from where my office chair listening position is, the bass seems much more prominent. I did wonder if...
  3. D

Have many on this thread gone from stand-alone KH150s and then added the KH750 sub? Can you please share your thoughts? If I'm honest, I'm perfectly happy with the bass output of the 150s but was curious to know how much the sub adds. If it's very little, I'll more than likely pass. I'm kind...
  4. D

Another newbie question. After calibration, can I adjust the speaker gain controls up or down without re-calibrating the system?
  5. D

Does anyone use smart plugs to control their speakers? In the past, I've always left the power switch on at the rear of the speaker and then command my smart plug to switch them on/off. I've always wondered if there is a downside to doing this. i.e. is there any shutdown sequence that's getting...
  6. D

Out of curiosity, what effect does setting them on 85 as opposed to 120db? Presumably, if set to 120db, I'd need to crank the volume less on the RME to get to the same volume?
  7. D

Mic Setup for Neumann DSP Correction

Thanks Count, but I don't think the RME plays a part in the alignment.
  8. D

You are a genius, thanks so much. I had it set to input 1. It's so easy/obvious when you know the answer! I do have another question though. I've completed the setup now and I'm presented with the following screen. It states at the bottom, whey you are satisfied, move to the next page, but...
  9. D

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

Hi, I've been having issues trying to calibrate my KH150s with the MA1. Would anyone mind checking this thread here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/mic-setup-for-neumann-dsp-correction.33481/#post-1896961 and offering any advice?
  10. D

I appreciate it's more advanced kit and I'm a newbie, but it's a bit of a faff to setup compared to any other system I've tinkered with.
  11. D

Hi DJ, hoping you can help. I have everything set up and connected but I'm struggling to get past this page. I have48v switched on. I've tried adjusting the volume knobs on both 1 and 2 but can't get it to work. The only way I can get the mic to show up in the software is to turn knob 1 to...
  12. D

Thanks, I will get it ordered
  13. D

Fantastic, thanks for the info, I really am clueless unless it's obvious :oops:. I'd assumed that the lack of dual XLR on the Solo meant I needed to connect to the RME. So just to confirm, I plug the mic into the XLR input 2 and the KH150 plug into the TRS outputs via a XLR -> TRS cable. I...
  14. D

I only have the k150s and the RME DAC. Never needed anything else before.
  15. D

Hi all, I've just stumbled across this thread as I have the same connectivity issues as JAH. I have the Neumann k150s and RME ADI-2 DAC. If I purchase the Focusrite Scarlett Solo to enable me to calibrate, what cables do I need to hook it all together? I'm new to this.... Looks like I'll need...
  16. D

I've just found this thread :( https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/mic-setup-for-neumann-dsp-correction.33481/ It seems I need to purchase another audio interface to set this up.... I hope it's worth it. My query was answered on the above thread, should anyone have the...
  17. D

Hello, thought I might be back with some questions.... I received my 150s today along with the MA-1. Quick question. I understand that the PC and both speakers need to be connected via a network switch and that I connect the MA1 mic to my RME ADI-2 FS? What cable do I use from the MA1 mic (it...
  18. D

Hi all, I'm happy to say I have a pair of 150s and mic on order and will be delivered next Monday. I've been watching this thread for a long time, so super excited to get them. I'm moving from a pair of IK Multimedia iLoud MTMs paired with my RME ADI-2 DAC. I'm not that technical, so any...
  19. D

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I was trying to avoid having to buy a sub(s) by getting the 310s.... I have a super ultrawide 49" wide monitor on my desk, which makes speaker placement a bit tricky.
  20. D

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Thanks, so landscape it is. This may force me to be sensible and look at the 150s.
Top Bottom