Search results

1. C

Isobaric subwoofer with passive radiator

My apologies - the authority has spoken, both my original post and my response are invalidated. I should feel bad for even trying this nonsense - how dare I use what I have in a way that accomplishes the goals I have set forth (namely having fun - remember what "fun" is?) That is.. I replied...
  2. C

The same theory would still apply - that lower Vas driver would benefit in the same way. Having double the motor for the same cone area plus the smaller enclosure tightens up the response significantly. You certainly could hunt for the perfect driver for a given application, and keeping things...
  3. C

Yamaha NS-6490 3-way Budget Speaker Review

Indeed... The bluetooth speaker and earbud "revolution" has ruined the respect for every aspect of a quality sound system - from source material to room treatment... this also eliminated the opportunity to learn a plethora of technical skills any high quality audio enthusiast is bound to acquire...
  4. C

Over the years I've employed most all subwoofer designs - generally focusing on maximum output... most recently I've come to enjoy an isobaric configuration utilizing a passive radiator. This offers the lowest extension for a given cabinet volume while also giving the opportunity for great...
  5. C

Yamaha NS-6490 3-way Budget Speaker Review

I had a pair of these acquired cheaply used... they were tolerable as "garage speakers", but were spectacularly fragile and the woofers were blown in average listening of bass heavy electronic music. One of my greater disappointments in audio - interesting to see this test objectively reveal...
  6. C

Capacitor upgrade in crossover - Is it audible?

Fantastic work here... I've personally tested a countless variety of audio equipment over the years... if I have learned anything - it is to the best of my ability be 100% "blind" in my testing. Objectivity is the foundation of discernment. I've done the capacitor test a handful of times, I'm...
Top Bottom