Search results

1. C

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

One of my 48v(5amp) power supplies died today, plugged it in(connected to the amp but amp not switched on) and it made three popping noises and now does not work, anyone else have any issues with there PSU?
  2. C

HEDD Type 20 MK2 Monitor Review

I would say that sounds about right, the Adams say 114db and I would say the type 30's are just a bit below that, thing is the bass is performing well at that point but the tweeter and mid just can't keep up. This is an incredibly disappointing realization for me because not even adding a sub...
  3. C

HEDD Type 20 MK2 Monitor Review

I have just recently acquired a set of type 30 mk1's, the sound is mighty and has an impressive sense of scale, I was looking for a set of mid field monitors to replace my main monitors which was a set of Adam A7x and a set of AVI ADM 9.1t(I preferred the AVI even though they had a lack of bass...
  4. C

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

I have a pair of these with broken bass driver, they would be a great fit, they also don't hiss and even with just 25w to the tweeter they still play louder than the JBL's. These can be got super cheap at the mo and they sound great. https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/alesis-m1-active-mkii
  5. C

To my ear the Mackie HR824 sound better, for some reason in my room they are the only speaker(in that price range) that is able to make it sound like the vocalist is in the center of the speakers, the pair I have are a very old and tired pair, these can be had for $300, represent huge value but...
  6. C

Both with and without, cables make no difference.
  7. C

It would be a good bet that the limitations are on the amps and not the drivers.
  8. C

Funny about the noise, I tried to see if lowering the gain would bring it down and it does not, I turn the pot from 1 to 2 and the is no noise and then to 3 and the noise just turns on and stays the same volume all the way up to ten.
  9. C

I really need to try them in another home other than my own to rule out my electrical signal problems. One thing I will say after a morning of listening to them is they are a fantastic speaker, wide, open, detailed, engaging, would even say fun which is a high compliment for a studio monitor.
  10. C

They are the same plug that were powering the HEDD monitors next to them and the have significantly less noise, almost imperceptible at the same distance, I know this property has some issues with grounding though, I had to replace a computer PSU because I could hear my mouse movements through...
  11. C

My god the hiss is bad, my ears picked it up during low level listening from about 2m away, would not b able to use them in the near field at all, or maybe mine hiss a bit more, they were a second hand buy, other than that they seem to be a fantastic little speaker.
  12. C

ancient history: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and Delta 410 cards from close to 25yrs ago

A Behringer HD400 is on it's way to me. Again thanks.
  13. C

ancient history: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and Delta 410 cards from close to 25yrs ago

Thanks, that is some very detailed info and great tips on the ground issue, I forgot to state that the pin was only lifted for a short while to identify the cause and a new power supply purchased which has seemed to have dome the trick.
  14. C

I remember getting the e-mu 1212m card with the breakout box and sent it back because it did not give me the volume of the the 24/96, this was the best thing to happen as I then got the mbox1/digi002/mbox mini and the mbox 2 that I still have and is pictured above, my last place had good...
  15. C

Sorry it is me again looking at a single line of text and making my own interpretations instead of looking at the whole, my cart is very often before my horse.
  16. C

Got one, have to get a PCI to PCIE but really excited to give this a go. Got some other new toys that should give me a reliable reference. Got to get me a Dayton imm-6 or the UMM-6 a start to take some measurements.
  17. C

The 24 denotes the amount of bits and the 96 the hz, so the card has a maximum of 24 bits at up to 96khz.
  18. C

Mackie HR824, repair or rebuild?

I forgot the mission 782's, they have just had the new Audax cones put into them as the old aerogels have a terminal problem and the little Anthony Gallo subwoofer, SW150 I think it is, has a lovely bespoke dual voice coil Peerless XXLS 10 inch driver, kicks pretty hard for what it is.
  19. C

AVI are stunning, they are the AVI ADM 9.1t's, not to hot in the bass department but will destroy the Mackies in detail, depth, soundstage and give a good run for volume, if they had the bass of the Mackies they would be perfect, the other speaker are, Castle Howard(rear), they have some drivers...
  20. C

So I gathered a bit of courage and glued up the driver with splits in them, I cut an appropriate length of heavy gauge speaker wire and wrapped it in kitchen roll so that it would make the surround taught, I then put some masking tape over the surround roll to make a kind of former and also a...
Top Bottom