Search results

1. zepplock

In search of... Beyerdynamics 600ohm driver

My trusty dt990 600ohm right right-side driver finally gave up after 10 years. Does anyone have a replacement laying around? Will pay shipping+beers.
  2. zepplock

Interesting amp/headphone detail in new Apple MacBookPros

From Apple: The 3.5 mm headphone jack on the MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) or MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) features DC load detection and adaptive voltage output. Your Mac can detect the impedance of the connected device and will adapt its output for low- and high-impedance headphones, as well as...
  3. zepplock

Power supply choice for O2 Dac/Amp

I have an original O2 dac/amp and its headphone and USB jacks are crapping out. I also don't like the power coming in from the front plate, and I don't like a small volume knob. So I decided to get this enclosure...
  4. zepplock

What's the deal with mid-tier closed headphones?

I'm looking for a pair of closed (wired, good isolation, great comfort for 8+ hours a day) mid tier $200-$500 headphones. I have plenty of amps/dacs to power anything (massdrop 789, O2, etc) and can use EQ if needed. Music preferences are pretty wide: rock, jazz, folk, classical. I already have...
  5. zepplock

Any measurements for Carver Magnetic Field Power Amplifier M-500

Are there any recent measurements of Carver Magnetic Field Power Amplifier M-500? I'm looking for something with big flashy meters, measures well and is on the budget. Any other amps that would work?
  6. zepplock

Test this Forty-10 Speaker

http://mcaudiotech.com/products/ This speaker looks very funky, who wants to spend some cash on it? ;)
  7. zepplock

Digital audio articles I wrote

I was reading a lot of Facebook posts from people completely lost in the digital sound world. So I wrote two articles explaining digital audio myths and typical issues. The articles are written with non-scientific people in mind since I failed to explain even simple things (for example Nyquist...
  8. zepplock

Help me fix Yamaha R-S700

I have this amp and it trips power protection. When I turn power on, I hear it trip protection and desk light in garage (on the same powerstrip) dims for a split second. I downloaded service manual (attached) but I can't get it to self-diagnostics. I suspect it has a short in power supply and...
Top Bottom