Search results

1. zepplock

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I have a similar device, unfortunately it has no short protection (sp?). I already replaced output transistors once on it, cause previous owner shorted the outputs accidentally.
  2. zepplock

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

No headphones are picky if you have good gear. There are exceptions like OTL tube amps and low impedance headphones. But elegia works fine with any new good amplifiers. And of course has nothing to do with DACs, it's ridiculous.
  3. zepplock

Topping E30 DAC Review

Only possible to tell if someone measures DAC in the RC-1572MKII.
  4. zepplock

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Is there a similar one for headphones?
  5. zepplock

Topping E30 DAC Review

Random numbers and letters greatly enhance 3d imaging, dark backgrounds and instrument separation.
  6. zepplock

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Mine does not have 'Drop' badging, it's original one but 2nd batch.
  7. zepplock

Same here. Mine is from the 2nd batch and zero issue over many years now. Daily use in the office: 9-5, Mon-Fri ;)
  8. zepplock

There are probably better/cheaper alternatives. I doubt they will do reruns.
  9. zepplock

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

"firmware burn-in"? This is getting weeeeeird maaaan. I hope people are joking, right? Right?
  10. zepplock

Help me fix Yamaha R-S700

Maybe do what I ended up doing? Check all power transistors?
  11. zepplock

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

e.g., realism, 3D, details, tight bass, tonality, attack/power, fullness/thinness, decay - just your feelings. None of that is relevant to audio quality. Well maybe decay does, but it's not part a dac anyway.
  12. zepplock

That's the best definition of this hobby there's. As long as you don't try to prove it to others with your anecdotal evidence. Enjoy music!
  13. zepplock

Of course, it's unlikely many people can hear above 20khz. You also need music that has enough energy in that range, and speakers that do well 20khz+. Combination of all of the above is very very rare, statistically. That pretty much says that what you hear in D50 and D70 difference: 1)...
  14. zepplock

They are all absolutely flat and noise floor is at 120db. You are either listening to music in a very quiet environment or you are fooling yourself (and us). It's also possible you have different filters on those dacs which might affect slightly frequency response past 20khz. Your dog will hear...
  15. zepplock

Topping E50 (I rate 3/5) Topping E70 (I rate 4/5) you really hear difference between those 2?
  16. zepplock

Things like this are measurable, there's no need to feel things inside the cables and connectors.
  17. zepplock

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

Another proof that XLR output is better!!! /s
  18. zepplock

Possibly, the things you described are more amp issues though. Often people use amp/dac interchangeably, specially with "dongles" kind of devices.
  19. zepplock

Headphones are "DAC picky"? Please stop this foolery.
  20. zepplock

It would be funny if 1 channel was out of phase or something like that. And that is "magic" that people allegedly hear and praise.
Top Bottom