Search results

1. Mirglip

Phono Preamp Question

Ltig, thanks for your input. I am looking at changing my cartridge (AT-VMN95E) and upgrading to something like the Nagaoka M-200 which is understand has a very good soundstage (which I like) and good sonics as well. Your suggestion for the line contact is something I would consider but my TT is...
  2. Mirglip

Phono Preamp Question

Hi somebodyelse, I looked further and with a mirror and magnifying glass I found the at-vmn95e number. I was generalizing about the cartridge cost as it was a package deal and while I probably have the invoice somewhere, it's not handy now. I'm pretty sure the cartridge was near the $100...
  3. Mirglip

Phono Preamp Question

Dimitri thank you for reply Yes it is an audio-technica and as best I can read upside-down it is the AT-VMN95E cartridge.
  4. Mirglip

Phono Preamp Question

Hello MaxwellsEq and thanks for reply. Yes I agree with you and I could just live with it but my issue was a little different than yours. You had a set listening level that was too loud with CD and just turned it down while I have a listening level that is too low with vinyl and have to...
  5. Mirglip

Phono Preamp Question

Hello Somebodyelse and thanks for reply. I understand that I left a few things out so I'll try and rectify. The cartridge is pretty nondescript. Doesn't have any written model numbers I can find while still attached to the tonearm. It has a black top with lime green bottom holding the...
  6. Mirglip

Phono Preamp Question

Hi All, Been reading forums alot and just joined. Most folks here way beyond my technical expertise so I am content just to read and learn and ponder. Tried to find a thread with my questions but didn't so here goes. I am building a nice system (within my budget) as I have more...
Top Bottom