Search results

1. J

Why are AVRs and AVPs so expensive?

as long as people pay prices won’t come down, however there seems to be a softening in prices the last few months. I suspect they reached max price gouging where sales dropped enough they have been forced to start reducing prices. I suspect more price cuts to come but it’s just my theory no...
  2. J

Home theater receiver options...everything seems to have compromises this year...thoughts? recommendations?

You said the key words here that most people don't understand. These words are golden: "In summary, it's better to have a great 5.1 setup than a poor/mediocre setup beyond 5 speakers (for Dolby Atmos or DTS:X)."
  3. J

Home theater receiver options...everything seems to have compromises this year...thoughts? recommendations?

There is some good ATMOS content, but there is a ton of content where if you turn off all your other speakers (except the ATMOS ones) and you will hear silence when there should obviously be sound in those speakers. Of course you can up mix and force sound there if you want.
  4. J

Why are AVRs and AVPs so expensive?

I believe there is massive price gouging going on right now, and it is a really really bad time to buy an AVR. Give it a year or two and prices will almost certainly be substantially lower.
  5. J

Agree, that most of the new stuff is just gimmicky to sell gear. I have a 5.1 setup still with a Sony 1080p projector and believe anything past that is barely noticeable if at all. ATMOS is mostly not implemented well because studios don't want to pay to have a tech sit and code it. Perhaps...
Top Bottom