Search results

1. F

Converting balanced TRS or XLR to RCA?

Definitive article on the subject (from 1985): Sound System Interconnection. Hope this helps!
  2. F

Trying to achieve bit perfection, and it looks like I am succeeding

Hello everyone, I have attached a diagram of my ever-evolving audio system. Lately I have been trying to make bit-perfect recordings and I think I have come up with a test method that will confirm bit perfection. I used to subscribe to Tidal and I have a Meridian Explorer2 dongle that lights up...
  3. F

Asymmetrical waveform on tube output of DAC

Thank you to all who have read and responded. I spent some time on this again today and I got much better results. The main audio interface in my system is a MOTU Audio Express. I am using the Mix 1 and Mix 2 outputs from the interface. Mix 1 feeds the Main Out L and R jacks on the rear panel of...
  4. F

Asymmetrical waveform on tube output of DAC

I have had this DAC for several years. It's a Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 which appears to be a rebranded Xiang Sheng DAC-01A. Years ago, I swapped the original tube for a NOS Raytheon 5670. The DAC has both tube and solid-state output jacks and today I fed a 1kHz sine wave into the unit and took...
  5. F

A Call For Humor!

Guy goes to a psychiatrist for the first time. Shrink decides to begin by showing the new patient a series of ink blots - the Rorschach test. Darned if every one of those ink blots didn't make the patient think of sex. Shrink says, in a cheesy Austrian accent, "Your problem iss opvious. You are...
  6. F

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for a little while and finally decided to join. I'm 70, semi-retired, a member of the Audio Engineering Society and a semi-pro musician, engineer and producer. My reaction to questionable claims about audio equipment has always been "But can you measure it?"...
Top Bottom