Search results

1. T

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

So this would mean: Only one subwoofer is producing the "real" sound and doing the hard work, while all the others are just producing the anti-sound? Wouldn't this be a massive downgrade compared to DLBC, where all subwoofers are producing the sound?
  2. T

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Dont't know this exactly, but keep in mind, that ART only works for frequencies up to 150 Hz (~20-150 Hz). So small speakers behind the TV won't make a big difference, if they are limited to maybe 80 or 100 Hz and low SPL, since they may only be useful for 100-150 Hz and not below and only at...
  3. T

Dirac Help

Yes... Seems very odd. Starting at around 95 Hz - so this subwoofer nearly starts it's frequency response where it normally should end.
  4. T

I think it hasn't been confirmed but it's most likely. But it can take a long time. AFAIK DLBC was added months/years after it's release to the PC version. So it may take years, too, until ART will be added to the PC version. Maybe. Maybe earlier. Nobody knows ;)
  5. T

Afaik it's an upgrade on top of Dirac Live. So you need Dirac Live to upgrade to ART but DLBC is an optional side.
  6. T

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I think you completely misunderstood something... Denon never advertised it like this. They just say it is already available for purchase which isn't the case.
  7. T

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

I am not talking about variations between mics, I am talking about a cheap mic without calibration file. He isn't using the Audyssey mic with calibration file, but his NAD mic and probabl even without calibration file. And those cheap mics are definetly inappropriate for calibration purpose...
  8. T

Like I said, such a cheap mic and without calibration file will make things worse when using that setup for Dirac.
  9. T

You should invest in a better mic. When using a bad mic and without calibration file Dirac will maybe do things worse than without calibration and definetly worse than Audyssey with the included mic because the receiver will use a calibration file for that mic when doing Audyssey calibration.
  10. T

AVC-X3800H vs AVC-X4700H

The license is tied to the AVR.
  11. T

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

First: Dirac, not Drac. Second: This thread is about firmware U30 for Denon and Marantz AVRs. Maybe you are in the wrong thread with your discussion about the stormaudio device?
  12. T

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

The mail's sender address should be "[email protected]" with the subject saying something like "your order at live.dirac.com" and "product and payment information". Maybe it's in your spam folder? If not then yes, then there seems to be something broken. :(
  13. T

I don't know what you mean by "Dirac vs. Drac". There's only Dirac (with i). And I don't get your rant. What's your point? What problem do you have exactly with Dirac? Must admit I didn't watch your 16 minutes rant video.
  14. T

Yes, it's not assigned automatically. You always have to do it yourself. After the purchase you should have gotten an E-Mail with your license key. Then you have to login into your Dirac account and paste the key over there to assign it to your account.
  15. T

First: Dirac Live (March 2023) Second: DLBC (Q1 2024) After that it's unclear. There are severeal rumours. Maybe no ART at all. Maybe at some time after DLBC. Maybe only for A1H and Cinema 10. But maybe also for same devices as DLBC. And maybe it will be released already at the same time as...
  16. T

Like I said: I don't need internet connection at my AVR to stream music from my home server to my Android TV, for example. I can listen to music without internet connection. I also don't need internet or network connection on my AVR to watch internet streams on the Android/Apple TV. How should...
  17. T

But it's not you setting the benchmark. Just because you are using your AVR like that it doesn't mean that all do it like that. Yes, I do stream internet radio on my AVR sometimes. But most of the time I am using external gear, like an Apple TV and an Android TV. So I wouldn't really care if my...
  18. T

AFAIR this is possible in case of a defective unit. But I can't remember where I read that... But you can't just transfer it to another unit just because you want to. That's not possible and would lead to a massive misuse - calibarte a device, transfer the license to another one, then calibrate...
  19. T

Yes, it's planned for Q1 in 2024: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denon-avr-x4800h-avr-review.42812/page-19#post-1525861
  20. T

That's the "Dirac Live Room Correction Suite", which is something different than "Dirac Live" - but "Dirac Live" is part of the "Dirac Live Room Correction Suite". Dirac Live: Software for measurement and calculating the (room) correction filters. Needs an AVR/DSP to which it will export it's...
Top Bottom