Search results

1. PHD

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

I was referred to a cardiologist but never got a chance to set an appointment. I consulted with an online cardiologist and he told me that normal post-event bloodwork and EKG as well as normal blood pressure and lipids profile which I have, make these events unlikely to be heart-related. He did...
  2. PHD

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

I'm Glad you're OK. I'm 52 and I already ended up in the ER twice in the past year due to heart attack symptoms (very high pulse rate, chest discomfort, palpitations, and scary and strange feeling). They did tons of blood work, and multiple EKGs only to tell me that I have sinusoidal tachycardia...
  3. PHD

Audyssey Manual Calibration “OCA’s REW + Audyssey Awesomeness”

Hi Can I use the Umik-1 to take measurements? Is it even possible to have REW send test tone to the elevation channels? Last time I checked it wasn't supported by any Windows audio driver such as ASIO. Also, what about MINIDSP support for managing more than 2 subwoofers? My current calibration...
  4. PHD

Audyssey One (OCA's REW + MultiEQ app based automated script) - anyone here tried it yet?

This looks interesting and promising: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/audyssey-one-oca-does-it-again.3297198/ It's a browser-based script. I'm going to give it a try this weekend. User reports at AVS sound promising (some claim it's better than MultiEQ-X and Dirac Live).
  5. PHD

Can 176.4kHz be beneficial after all? (humans' hearing latency limits)

I'm aware that the page discusses sound localization and binaural hearing. I'm also aware that even at 44.1kHz, it is still possible to reproduce left and right waveforms that may be time-shifted by less than the sampling period (post-DAC and filter). But, could a limited sampling rate capture...
  6. PHD

Can 176.4kHz be beneficial after all? (humans' hearing latency limits)

I found this and other sources that claim that the human ear could be trained to detect audible time differences even below 30us https://www.sfu.ca/sonic-studio-webdav/handbook/Binaural_Hearing.html#:~:text=The%20ear%20can%20detect%20a,MINIMUM%20AUDIBLE%20ANGLE%2C%20PRECEDENCE%20EFFECT. So...
  7. PHD

Extreme Snake Oil

This is a new low for the audio industry... Skip to 3:45 for the good part about your health... Has anyone here tried this C wave tech-based audio gear? I'd love to see measurements results...
  8. PHD

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I don't know if that is possible because the pricing for ART licenses is going to be similar for all D&M products. I do know that starting from the X3800H and up, the DSP chips are fully capable of handling ART at 48kHz processing. It's too bad that even the A1H is limited to 48kHz processing...
  9. PHD

100% happening during 2024. 95% by the end of this April (double-checked).
  10. PHD

As I said. ART support is expected to be made available during this April.
  11. PHD

Is GaN worth it? ICEpower article

GaN class D is only worth it if operated at several MHz fsw range.
  12. PHD

Yamaha 2024 range, A8B, A6B, A4B 2024 announcement...!!??

I was told by a local dealer that Yamaha is considering ditching the AV market. They can no longer compete with other brands like Masimo's D&M.
  13. PHD

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Do these measurements tell us anything about the Auddyssey and Dirac processing sample rates? Are they still limited to 48kHz like in older D&M AVR/AVPs?
  14. PHD

New Pre amp or a Streamer ?

The MX123 is a scam. Nothing but an overpriced Marantz AV8805 (minus the MEQ-X support) in disguise https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/a ... es/av8805a https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/h ... ors/MX123A The attached pictures compare the two processors. Marantz on top and the MX123 on...
  15. PHD

Onkyo FW update will add new "Denon-inspired" features and improvements (inc Auro 3D and pre-amp mode)

I think that they only refer to added compatibility, not a new video-processing feature. The AVR is just a HDMI switch box that should support all HDMI 2.1 specs.
  16. PHD

Denon announced the Dolby Atmos Music on the X3800H and up on their product page. But people assumed it was a new sound decoding mode which it is not. It was temporarily taken down since it was not yet implemented just like with the Sony Spatial Audio support. The idea is to have something...
  17. PHD

The ART beta testing phase is completed. ART is fully compatible with AVRs starting from X3800H and up and It's now up to Masimo to decide when to release the FW (It should be sometime this year after April). As for Roon ready certification. I was told that it is expected to be added to all D&M...
  18. PHD

MMM approach and a new calibration app (magic beans)

I just found another interesting video on this subject.
  19. PHD

MMM approach and a new calibration app (magic beans)

I actually think that ASR is a great place to have a dedicated owners' thread for both the upcoming Magic Beans app and the Spatial audio calibration toolkit. This way members could comment and suggest new features which could contribute to further improvements.
Top Bottom