Search results

1. Cadmobile500

first REW measurements

I'm having trouble understand the decay times. Can you explain them to me? i use Dynamic EQ when listening at lower volumes.
  2. Cadmobile500

first REW measurements

thanks. no static at all...
  3. Cadmobile500

first REW measurements

New to this and looking for advise as far as what looks good and what needs to be improved and how to do it. I am using Audyssey MultEQ-X. Attached is a graph with REW measurements (1/6 smoothing) of my left and right speakers with my subwoofer crossed at 80hz. Sounds pretty good but a little...
  4. Cadmobile500

Thinking of building a couple of subs

I already have a Crown xli2500 to power them. They will replace my 2 pb1000s. Use is mainly for music and they will compliment my Forte 2 wich are also powered by a Crown xli2500. Restricted to something 21" wide and 21" deep. Ide rather not go much taller. I'm looking at the Martysub cube 15...
  5. Cadmobile500

Really small suround speakers.

What is a MMM measurement? I don't have a REW mic at the moment
  6. Cadmobile500

Got the Monolith THX satellites. Quick one position test with MultEQ-X. thoughts?
  7. Cadmobile500

I have a pair of the Monolith THX satellites on the way. Will hear how they sound.
  8. Cadmobile500

The Forte are powered by a Crown XLI2500 wich I believe should free up some power on my Denon x3300. Is this correct?
  9. Cadmobile500

Most of my music listening is in stereo. When I said 5.1 music I should have really said 5.1 rock concerts. I believe most of what is in the surounds for what I listen to is crowd noise and maybe ambience.
  10. Cadmobile500

Which speakerdo you think would be better? The Monoprice is rated down to 80hz but I'm not sure.
  11. Cadmobile500

Looking at Cambridge Soundworks mini 12 and Monolith THX satellite. Speakers will go on the wall on each side of the couch and the couch is less than a foot from the back wall. I have Forte II for mains, SVS prime center and 2 PB1000. Main use is for TV/ movies and 5.1 music. I don't want to go...
  12. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

I turned the Crown down, did another single position measurement and sent it to the AVR. This is what I got; Will give my wife a break for a bit and do a 6 position measurement later. When you do 6 do you do the first 6 that Audyssey recommends? What is the spacing between you use?
  13. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

I have Forte 2. 99db The Denon will only show down to -12 on the AVR display. I am using Multeq-x on my pc and it will show lower on the pc if you go past -12. I will set the Crown so it shows -10 on the AVR and do a full calibration.. Thank you for your advice. How many calibration spots do you...
  14. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

I turned the knobs down 3-4 clicks on the Crown and got this; -11.3 -11.9
  15. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

Ran a single Audyssey position with input sensitivity set to 1.4 and Crown knobs all the way up. these are the results; Front left -12 Front right -14.2
  16. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

Will check input sensitivity on Crown and do a quick recalibration with Audyssey.
  17. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

Separate. I set the gain on the subs so that after Audyssey has done its calibration the AVR shows -11 for sunwoofer level.
  18. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

What should I set the knobs at on the Crown? All the way up producessome hiss.
  19. Cadmobile500

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

What I meant to ask is should I set the knobs on the Crown to show -11 on my AVR after running Audyssey?
Top Bottom