Search results

1. C

Troubleshooting the sub (PB1000) after AVR change

It has been handled, the sub is back and working like before. There is still a hum when you put your ear to the grille but as i already confirmed back then thats "by design", the showroom models have it also. Tho since it took me 2.5 years to actually notice it, meh, it is what it is. Truth be...
  2. C

Im necroing my own thread to update, the sub "croaked" some 6 months after i wrote this, the hum increased gradually until it was totally audible at all times. Took it to a repair center and even tho my country/dealer only abides by the EU warranty of 2 years the good people of SVS accepted the...
  3. C

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Personal advice, sure, try to get the adapter if they still give out some, might need it in the future but for XBox i'd say leave it as it is, youll have way less problems with only audio transmitting over a repeater. HDMI 2.1 is still finicky, certainly more so on 2020. devices, cables are...
  4. C

Pretty much, TBH just use eARC, send sound to TV then let TV pass it thru to AVR, since only sound goes to AVR you shouldnt have any problems. Since XBox is all digitaly encoded formats you should be getting full surround.
  5. C

Ok, "bad news", went to the dealer and showroom models also have a hum and they even have voltage regulator on their power line. The silver lining, my hum seems to be even less than theirs, ha! No wonder i didnt even notice it in 2.5 years, a normal user (one who plug'n'play) would probably tell...
  6. C

No problem, thats why we're here. Also no "bad batch" im afraid, mine was purchased 2.5 yrs ago, so i guess its safe to say it is due to the design. It is probably very sensitive to electrical wiring or you have a very bad setup in that regard, any other electrical problems? Do you possibly...
  7. C

Hello MarcosCh i have stumbled onto your thread in the search prior to posting mine and yes, the xover knob is the only thing actually influencing the said hum like you described. If i set it to 80Hz the hum is gone on my unit. I figured that out immediately just didnt write about it since it...
  8. C

Ok, update, the sub is fine most likely. Pulled it out in the middle of the room, its steady as ever, like +-1dB. Back to old position, it fluctuates like before. Tried a sine wave at the original position first, different frequencies fluctuated differently so that was an indicator it is the...
  9. C

I'll check with pure sine waves, only checked with sub cal noise. Yes, it fluctuated a lot, so much so that a clear green box was unatainable with Audyssey SW level matching.
  10. C

Well, i could swear the sub didnt fluctuate more than 3 dB when i first got it and ran some calibrations but maybe i just used slow time weightening on the SPL meter and remember that, that way it stays ~3dB fluctuation. Also its unbelievable to me i didnt notice the hum before but then again it...
  11. C

Recently i switched AVRs, went from Onkyo 646 to Denon x4700h, the results are mixed considering the price of Denon but oh well, life goes on. In any case, everything was "fine" with Onkyo, didnt really notice anything out of the ordinary. Switched to Denon and when running Audyssey i noticed...
  12. C

Son of a gun, ye, there are two "3" instead of one, so 83345 and that confirms it as a TI version (as suspected). Might be down to DAC but old Onkyo with AKM DAC just sounds better out of the box untouched. Some of other "not so great" things in this upgrade are built in EQ and Denon HDMI...
  13. C

I have the unit setup, i bought it, im reading the SN myself it is DBCT06228345 and that is BELOW 70001 so should be old stock but i bought it new like 10 days ago, doesnt look refurb either. There is absolutely no date reference anywhere on the box or the unit itself, neither manufacture nor...
  14. C

I didnt find a way how to confirm date of manufacture on the box or the unit, if the seller doesnt have a receipt of some sort, determining for sure will be hard.
  15. C

The serial method isnt correct, i got a brand new unit that fits the old serial key and it is far more likely that it is a TI DAC. 3600 is like the safest bet its properly done, 7 series are a gamble, series 8 are proven downgrade... so, yeah. I was in a market for 4700x but theres no way of...
  16. C

You will be hard pressed to find AKM equipped 4700h, used only, if youre lucky a good refurb.
  17. C

Gave up on AVR upgrade, re read my old Onkyo 646 specs and it has an AKM chip, it drives my speakers totally fine, plenty of headroom, no issues, it has proven reliable, etc. Dropping 1600e on a machine thats gonna be bought in the biggest turmoil Denon since i remember to get what, preouts and...
  18. C

Ok so from what i read further 4700v2 could indeed measure a better SINAD score since the new DAC is actually capable of it if implemented correctly? If DAC itself is a "bottleneck", it should be fine, since it would provide its max speced SINAD of 95 (or that ballpark) i believe?
  19. C

Managed to get a SN from the seller for the unit i have available, it is DBCT06228345. By what i read anything below 70001 on the last digits should be old stock. Am i reading it correctly that this is in fact original model or the newer one?
  20. C

Thanks, thats what i was looking for.
Top Bottom