Search results

1. palm

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Thanks for the review! I don’t own this model, but I have the soundbar Arc and Ones as surrounds and I’m really happy with the system. The “room correction” Trueplay works well, I find this remarkable given the difficulty of developing such a system for non experts, a lot of efforts were...
  2. palm

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

Likely indeed, and not a bad idea with such a speaker with built in preamp and source selection increasing the risk of accidental high volume I guess. But I see the traces are called LR, how was the measurement done?
  3. palm

Best mid-tier monitors : Genelec 8350A vs Neumann KH310

There aren’t much compact 3 way speakers indeed, even fewer are sealed and with a dome midrange! Not sure this is why we appreciate them but it certainly works. As said, pretty sure I would get 310s if an O300 dies. Ideally I would compare in my room with KH150s.
  4. palm

Many SMDs on a O300? I saw long time ago pictures (claiming those are cheap drivers and electronics which isn't incorrect). I studied microelectronics but not sure I still have skills and patience to go that path anyway.
  5. palm

I would be tempted for sure, if dimensions are identical and compatible with those rather expensive accessories, but might also buy used 310s - my O300 are 2nd hand !
  6. palm

I have those K&H O300 - with grilles. Moderate listening levels however (apartment) and those were notoriously even more limited than their successors. I have the companion sub, but late at night, I often bypass it (easily done with the footswitch) and after a decade and a half I’m still...
  7. palm

Steven Wilson uses Genelec

I didn’t watch it completely yet but interesting interview
  8. palm

Neumann MA1 vs. Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) - Dual KH750 subs

If we consider a theoretical system with 2 subs, each one being flat at listening position beside a severe drop around 2 different frequencies each f1 and f2. Equalization of both subs separately (4.) doesn't help, the EQ system correctly avoiding to fill those nulls. The sum of responses shows...
  9. palm

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I like the fact that everything can be adjusted on the unit, but you can get lost in the menus. The remote app makes it even easier to play with EQ and presets.
  10. palm

AVI DM10 active speakers

I stumbled on this thread and I’m glad you enjoyed the speakers and got apparently great support when needed. These speakers were clearly ahead of their time, not only actives but with remote and preamp. Similar features came later in some Kef models. I was tempted back then but lack of...
  11. palm

KZ ZSX IEM Review

@amirm just noticed a typo ($600) for the price for these in the review index. Thanks for the review!
  12. palm

[Update] Can Flac files with different audio MD5 be identical?

Is the audio md5 from foobar calculated before or after decompression? I don’t know how flac works exactly but I assume like zip you could have different compression ratios but the same decoded content.
  13. palm

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

It’s great to have so many DACs well implemented these days, sound quality isn’t a concern basically. There are products for headphones like the Qudelix that have EQ capability, it will come to desktop DACs and it will probably take a few iterations until this is well implemented as well. If...
  14. palm

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

When I got the robot, I had a small flat for most part of the week and I didn’t want to have an espresso machine barely used, also for cleaning reasons, certainly not an automatic one. Maybe now with different circumstances I would make a different choice. And of course it‘s fun to feel...
  15. palm

What are we listening to right now..

Sometimes comes a track you heard many times, just not on a nice system
  16. palm

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I have a Cafelat Robot since when it was out, and back then the Flair and other variants were asking too many steps for a morning routine. The robot is really easy and this new Flair seems quite close, except what happens at the top after pouring hot water.
  17. palm

Neumann MA1 vs. Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) - Dual KH750 subs

Not sure if this is an accurate or useful categorization but here is how I see the different flavors of subwoofer integrations: no filtering of the speakers, adjust low pass and volume of the sub to blend high pass filtering of speakers, sub is like an extra way with proper crossover, and EQ is...
  18. palm

Wharfedale Linton Heritage with Audiophonics HPA-S250NC first REW meauserements

Indeed, so in previous measurements (single sweeps?) there was less energy in this band after correction, when can assume this was the result of that particular position not being really representative of the area covered by Dirac measurements. Or that the boost required would exceed the maximum...
  19. palm

Wharfedale Linton Heritage with Audiophonics HPA-S250NC first REW meauserements

Don’t you see similar variations in this frequency band with sweeps within the same location as the MMM ? My listening position isn’t close to the back wall, but I imagine any small displacement vs this reflection can change quite a lot the response
Top Bottom