Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB28.28 DAC and Headphone Amp

@andreasmaaan Thanks, very useful info. By the way the Crown amp I use can do low pass / high pass I believe
  2. C

@BurritoJustice Ok. I just wanted balanced as an experiment, due to the noise cancellation, but I can live without it. The Pro FS and ADI-2 DAC both have 1x Balanced and 1x Unbalanced pre-outs. On the ADI-2 DAC can you only use one of these options at a time, but on the Pro FS you can use both...
  3. C

@BurritoJustice If you can do that on the Pro can't I use an XLR adapter on the ADI-2 DAC for the TH900? Thanks for your write up
  4. C

@BurritoJustice I see. It's just I paid extra for my Fostex TH900 to come with a balanced cable. Not the end of the world to not use it. The "Pro"? Does that mean the ADI-2 Pro? That doesn't seem to have a balanced HP output either. Do you use the rear XLR's?
  5. C

Mm but that doesn't have XLR pre outs. The ADI-2 DAC does, and XLR pre is more important than balanced headphone out. Is there anything else? I'm strongly thinking I'll compromise and go for the ADI-2 DAC.
  6. C

@trl Hi, I don't think I have the equipment necessary to look at signal quality properly. I was just looking at peak to peak voltage, using test frequency tones, and at 30V output it was a very distorted graph, but at <10V it looked like a good sine wave. I did the measurements several months...
  7. C

I measured the rear fixed output on my NFB-28.38 with an oscilloscope and it was indeed shockingly bad, but I wasn't surprised, because it was 30V (on S mode), which is an insane amount. You can fully drive most power amps with 1.4 Volts. Before I sell my 28.38 (!) can the OP confirm that you...
Top Bottom