Search results

1. D

New Purifi amplifiers coming

If audiophonics also offers a premium option similar to Apollon's - Weiss Op2-bp with a linear power supply, i would be all over that.
  2. D

New Purifi amplifiers coming

And don't forget prices on their site do not include VAT for EU countries, that is added extra on cart. So total real cost is almost 7,000 Euros and 7,500 for the monoblocks for EU customers
  3. D

Amplifier for Focal Kanta Nº2

It is possible, as the 595A SE can easily drive the kantas, to push it higher than the 30W in pure class A you would really need to up the volume a lot, at a level that i dont think i ever did.
  4. D

Well, since there has been a lot of posts in this thread and i actually got several private messages asking on what amplifier i ended up getting, it's best if i update it. I ended up testing several more amps, since the high frequencies continued to be extremely fatiguing to my ears. I was...
  5. D

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

For the 2K price tag they really should have put out a larger screen. I guess they're counting on the hype of the A6 to sell a lot of A8's without making much of an effort
  6. D

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

@mirror88 is a DMP-A8 coming in the near future?
  7. D

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Really hoping eversolo indeed comes out with a remote, preferably with play/pause and change track functions as well.
  8. D

Regarding DSP/EQ, unfortunately my TEAC UD-701N preamp/dac/streamer doesn't have the possibility to make those adjustments, and i think i cannot use a hardware EQ with it. (please do let me know if you guys think there is a way to connect it). If that's not the case, i think the only way...
  9. D

If it ends up being option no. 1 when i'm talking about using an amp to emphasize the mids, there are several possibilities, like, for example using a tube preamp. Your suggestion is also another possibility. And let's get something out of the way, i haven't ignored any suggestion. At this...
  10. D

Well, i have yet to receive the Timekeeper's, so i still cannot give any new updates regarding that. At this moment and after doing a couple more testing i currently only believe in two possibilities: 1. The Kanta's need a amplifier that has emphasis on the mids to sound it's best (to my ears)...
  11. D

I think i have already explained myself more than enough that it was definitely not the case. And me wanting to change to a new amp is because i do not like the sound of the teac with the Kanta's in my room. I already have the Kanta's for quite a few time, and know the room they are in very...
  12. D

I can understand that, i, for one, do not really like women clearly lacking in the mids/bass. :)
  13. D

That was a typo, of course i meant the NC500. Did not know there were already implementations of the NCx500 for sale in europe, so that also might be an excelent option. Thanks.
  14. D

Basically the first blind testing was using the TEAC and the Uniti Nova with the Kanta's on the same space with the same db's. It's actually important to note, that for them to be in the same db's the TEAC has to be cranked to 78-79, while the uniti nova only has to be in 60-61 volume. On...
  15. D

Yeah, the thesis of me prefering some sort of distortion part, was specifically applied when i first received the teac ap-701 and being my first experience with class D. As things stand, and with the different testing, i clearly believe the easier-difficult load to be what's at stake. But will...
  16. D

You have just distorted my post by quoting a single sentence. So again, i provide full context. "considering that the teac ap-701 is my first class D amplifier, so it was (and still is) a possibility that i do not like the frequency response of accurate reprodution and prefer some sort of...
  17. D

In my first post, i am open to that possibility, considering that the teac ap-701 is my first class D amplifier, so it was (and still is) a possibility that i do not like the frequency response of accurate reprodution and prefer some sort of distortion. However, if that were the case i probably...
  18. D

I have to respectfully disagree, specially considering my last post: I have also done some more testing, as i also have the Focal Aria 926, and ended up trying them with the TEAC AP-701, and the pair sounds a lot better providing a more bassier/fuller sound, so this actually might be due to the...
  19. D

I understand your sarcasm, but if you had actually read the the post, the answer is actually in there just a little further... "but with the Kanta's the sound is very forward and thin, clearly lacking in the mids/bass and not enjoyable at all for the type of music i listen to (mostly rock)"
  20. D

Well, i ended up buying the Burson Timekeeper 3X GT monoblocks. A real shot in the dark to be honest, as i wasn't able to listen to them, however, i only bought them because i know if i do not like it, i have a friend who wants to keep them so i do not lose any money. Even though these do not...
Top Bottom