Search results

1. dweeeeb2

which would you prefer for video games out of the following?

yep, headphones for spacial cues. I actually found iems to be great with spacial audio. For my circumstances headphones are invaluable for blocking out noise and minimizing the impact of gaming noise on the family. Speakers for the more comfortable experience however.
  2. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

FYI, my usb cable for the HTx is a cheap 5m one, and I’ve done countless REW measurements even with a 5m umik-2 cable. I don’t think cable length within reason is your issue. Out of habit I do make sure the HTx is connected to the pc and on before loaded the control centre, and always use the...
  3. dweeeeb2

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Hey @sweetchaos love your work, absolute ripper. Just wondering if the “Never buy these” category is a bit…. much. Your lists and recommendations are all based on measured performance, ie if the speakers no good it doesn’t get recommended. As we have seen though customer service and retailer...
  4. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

You can mix any analogue in to any analogue out. What I think you are wanting will work provided you only have one analogue source on at a time.
  5. dweeeeb2

thomann t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Review

Thanks for this. I’ve got one in the spare room and its a good solution for 2.1, but if ideally volume needs to be controlled on the way out thats a pain. It sounds like it needs a volume out dial. This home audio hobby is damn complicated…
  6. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

It might pay to contact minidsp and ask if this setup is possible. Input select simply has “analogue” as an option, not analogue 1-2 etc.. There are 4 presets which could be used to direct inputs but then you wouldn’t have any left for different sound profiles. I think an email could be useful.
  7. dweeeeb2

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

@amirm fyi the ZA3 does not come up in the amp index if you search for fosi
  8. dweeeeb2

FR variation around MLP, SPL in perspective

Does he say much about fatigue? I just assumed that this filtering process was part of listener fatigue. You may not hear the peaks but it gets fatiguing. I’ll have to go and have another look at his book. thanks
  9. dweeeeb2

I did this test because I wasn’t happy with how my system was sounding. I felt like I was chasing my tail. I needed to know just how “smooth” the in room response needed to be. What magnitude peaks and dips had I and most “audiophools” been listening to before using DSP. I figured my Lintons...
  10. dweeeeb2

Yes, but it just becomes a mess where you can only really see max and min at a given frequency. I seperated them out so the variation at each point could be seen easier.
  11. dweeeeb2

So I think some people could find this interesting, particularly if you haven’t played around with REW. Below are a bunch of REW SPL v Freq graphs. I’m showing them to demonstrate just how much FR varies based on position in the room. These measurements are all taken just around the MLP, none...
  12. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Is there an audible difference? or does it just give more DSP options?
  13. dweeeeb2

Am I mad? Judge me...and leave a recommendation.

I like this idea a lot.
  14. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Sounds like we need a public review to help progress along
  15. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

My LG CX only outputs stereo PCM when using on board Apps. FYI on my CX output set to PCM appears to be stereo only (regardless of source-XBOX SX). You need output set to passthrough to allow MC PCM through.
  16. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

XBOX Series X does, I have one and I believe the cheaper Series S should do it as well. PS5 should. If you have an older XBox one or PS4 it would be worth trying.
  17. dweeeeb2

Digital Volume Infinite Encoders slow and need many rotations. Why is that?

With any luck it could be modified for a future FW update?
  18. dweeeeb2

If all speakers measure flat, what is the point of auditioning?

On top of whats already been said a speakers impedance and max spl can determine which one best suits your system / intent. EDIT: As to your question about shopping from measurements alone. I think you can, because you will still choose a better speaker if you limit yourself to measured ones as...
  19. dweeeeb2

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Don’t know, the graph sucks…. Might get around to actually listening to it one of these days!
  20. dweeeeb2

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Its not that I necessarily want different LPFs, but I might like to keep bass content from the left channel separate to the bass content in the right channel. I figured you could probably do it with the mixer but the control centre only has one “bass management” channel.
Top Bottom