Search results

1. A

Hearing and hearing aid recommendations

I have been using Widex Moment 220's for about a week now. They are really good. The setting for music really works.
  2. A

The 67-year-old hearing test results! You need hearing aids.

I am now on my 3rd pair of hearing aids. Beginning of 2018 I had an ear infection which I didn't get taken care of soon enough. My first impression for hearing aids in general, it was like hearing through your own personal p.a. system Music wasn't very smooth. I got a second pair about a year...
  3. A

Integrated amp/stereo receiver

Outlaw RR 2160 receiver is a consideration
  4. A

What are you folks listening to right now?

I'm listening to the Grateful Dead live at the Warfield Theater 02-17-1982 ( I like to live in the past ). It is a field recording from the front of the loge dead center. With headphones and speakers simultaneously, I'm transported back there. I was at this show. Front row dead center in the...
  5. A

What are we listening to right now..

I'm listening to the Grateful Dead from the Marin Veteran's Memorial Auditorium in San Rafael, Ca. 03-31-1984. 2200 seat theater shaped like a speaker . There were 4 shows and we were dead center for all of them. We were in row 8-11 for the shows. We were at the same height as the stage. It was...
  6. A

What are we listening to right now..

Grateful Dead at Manor Downs 8-31-1985. 1985 was a very good year!
  7. A

Spherically Dead (in Vegas)

I saw the real thing in Las Vegas in 1981 and again in 1984. The Aladdin Theater (RIP) Can't stand songs played at the half the speed they used to be.
  8. A

Looking for Deadheads and interested Civilians

I made audience tapes for years. And here is the scoop. Imagine you are in the 15th row dead center on the floor at a big arena. Madison Square Garden would be a good example. You have a pair of Nakamichi microphones and a Sony D5M (and you use the dolby B feature. You know how to set levels and...
  9. A

The Fillmore East 1971 boards were made clandestinely. A feed from the snake fed a mixing console in the basement. A real musician with credentials mixed them in real time. The band of course had the truck outside the theater doing the recordings that ended up on skull and roses. I think they...
  10. A

I'm listening to the GD show from Portland from June 12, 1980 It was the night Mt. St. Helen's blew up at the same time the band was playing Fire on the Mountain There was weird energy around the 2nd set. I think the band knew it happened before they came out for the second set. My tape was...
  11. A

The first song of the show is always a little rough. Its being mixed in real time. Fortunately, the mixes were improved very quickly.
  12. A

Exactly. Just Playing In The Band. And it is available in all its glory on the Northwest box set.
  13. A

Seattle 05-21-1974: The longest Playing In The Band. 46 minutes long. No songs or drum solo. It wasn't the best version but it was no slouch .
  14. A

What are you folks listening to right now?

Crosby Stills Nash & Young from the Fillmore East June 6,1970 and the sound quality is stunning
  15. A

Short Answer: No. If you want a longer answer let me know.
  16. A

I hung it up. There was no point. I saw 276 Grateful Dead shows. I never kept count of Jerry shows I saw, but it was a lot. And I got the tapes to prove it. I'm spending my days transferring my master cassettes and I'm working on reel to reel tapes now. I got 1800 of em.
  17. A

I lived it. BTW if one has the actual cd's of Dave's Picks 45 you can find my real name in the booklet. (In 3 places)
  18. A

The Promised Land They Love Each Other the original sbd reels had serious technical problems and weren't usable. I was at those shows and taped them in a most unique fashion. We snuck a 10" reel deck into the theater and taped the shows from the first row of the loge (there were ac outlets...
  19. A

You know about the first 2 songs on 10-01 being audience tapes?
  20. A

Do you have Dave's Picks 45? I have an interesting story.
Top Bottom