Search results

1. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

I got the SB-1000 Pro. I've set the low pass filter to 90hz for the Node and and low pass filter also to 90 Hz for the sub and i've adjusted its volume level a little...to -36dB. The sound for the setup(speakers + the new sub) noticeably improved in the low end. I'm a little puzzled by the LFE...
  2. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

Ok. Thanks a lot guys for all the info. I will post after i will get my hands on the sub.
  3. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

I'm asking as i'm quite lost now :(.
  4. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

By using it direct, you mean to skip buying the miniDSP ...for the moment?
  5. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

I think it has a flexible high pass:
  6. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

By doing this, won't i be doing double conversion? Streamer's DAC via analog to DSP->processing->digital to analog again to the amplif? If this is right, then i will just convert those DSD's to FLAC/Wave and use them like that as it's a big pain in the ass to use them as they are :( . This way i...
  7. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

I want to use an external DAC, as i would like to play DSD files. Would it be another possibility for this?
  8. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

Ahh, ok. In this case the setup chain will be| Node->DSP->Amplif. Right? Can i do the DAC part outside the DSP? Can i use an external DAC right after the DSP processes the signal? The setup i'm thinking of is : Streamer/Transport->via Toslink or SPDIF to the DSP->External DAC->Amplif
  9. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

After this talk i think i will go for a sub for now, and that will be the sb-1000 pro, and a dsp+calibr mic. Now one question comes into my mind. What will be the DAC used? Node's or MiniDSP's?| I'm asking this because i will replace that Node with a Wiim Pro plus and i would like to use it's...
  10. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

I will have a look at the 3000 micro. Thanks Yes, those two are sitting on ATACAMA NEXUS 6I.
  11. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

I'm looking in the 600-700e range. My other concern would be the sub size. The PB-1000 is 480mm (H) 381mm (W) 492mm (D) and the SB-1000 Pro 342mm(H) x 330mm(W) x 375mm(D) There's a 50% size diff between those two and the space in the room is quite tight. :( Is there a noticeable sound diff...
  12. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

The amplif is a Cambridge Audio Azur 851A and i use a Node 2i as a DAC/transport. The Node will be replaced by a Wiim Pro Plus after the speaker upgrade. All these will play in a 3.5 x 4 m room(my home office).
  13. S

Bookshelf+Sub Dilemma

Hi guys, Looking to replace my Polk TSx 220B with a bookshelf+sub combo. What will be a better choice between B&W 606 s2 anniversary edition or MA Silver 100 7g + SVS PB-1000? I listen mainly to rock(metal and hard rock), jazz and vocal/soul r'n'b Thanks and look forward for your replies.
  14. S

Bluesound Node vs Volumio primo

I already have a Cambridge Audio 851a as amplifier and a NAS server as storage for my music. I only need the transport and DAC and that Primo was winking at me. Would i be able to find anything else to compete in that price range?(700-800euro)?
  15. S

Bluesound Node vs Volumio primo

Hi guys, first time poster long time lurker around here. Great community and great info. I'm in front of a sound dilemma as i'm in the middle of a new stereo config setup and i don't know what to choose between the two. I want to use it as a streamer and use it's integrated DAC but i also want...
Top Bottom