Search results

1. M

Subwoofer phase question

So I have dual Monolith M10 subwoofers. I get an in-phase relationship with my mains when the phase of the subwoofer is about 180 degrees inverted. The question I have is which is better: 1. Subwoofer phase set to 180 degrees and mains pos/neg hooked normally 2. Subwoofer phase set to 0...
  2. M

The audiophile mindset

So I'm arguing, for some bad reason, hardcore subjective audiophiles(phools) on SHF about the topics of bit depth, sampling rates, etc. I'm wondering if these guys are totally anti-physics, anti-reality in all aspects of their lives, or just audio. As a signal processing engineer, the utter BS...
  3. M

A method to quantify differences in turntable setups

I recently added some loading plugs to my phono preamp to tame the brightness of my AT VM740ML cartridge. The parallel resistors reduce the resistive portion of the impedance from 47K to 39K Ohm. I could definitely hear a reduction in brightness but wanted to quantify what I was hearing. So...
  4. M

16-bit... It really is enough!

Currently listening to the old 80s CD of Sting's Nothing Like the Sun. Fabulous recording and wonderful sounding CD. The CD has excellent dynamic range and even in the quietest parts, there's absolutely zero audible hiss. The basic point is that 16-bits provides massive dynamic range. Unless...
  5. M

Emotiva XSP-1 internal phono stage homebrew measurements

I have an Emotiva XSP-1 preamplifier so I thought I'd test it's internal phono stage to compare with the Mofi StudioPhono I measured here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/mofi-studiophono-phono-preamp-homebrew-measurements.18676/ My equipment: Hardware: - Soundcard...
  6. M

Mofi StudioPhono phono preamp homebrew measurements

Wasted my vacation day today doing some MM measurements on my Mofi StudioPhono phono preamp. My equipment: Hardware: - Soundcard is a lowly ASUS Xonar DSX 7.1, but it actually has decent ADC performance when run at 44.1 KHz. ADC input used for signal analysis. ADC saturates at 1.025 Vrms...
Top Bottom