Search results

1. H

Erin's Fosi ZA3 Review and Bass Management

I like Erin and I watch most of his videos, but this one I couldn't get onboard with. I'm not really concerned with that particular product, but in the end he says the purpose of a subwoofer is to alleviate the load off your mains. Really? Maybe I'm dumb, but I thought the purpose of a subwoofer...
  2. H

Ascend Acoustics ELX Titan Tower Mini Review

I guess the idea is to package the data into something average people can relate with. The individual early reflections are useful for deciding if you should try to absorb them if they are really egregious. By the way, good luck with that, since effective absorbers are very large, very ugly, and...
  3. H

The vertical contour plots for the two models look mostly similar between 700 and 2k, so it seems like you are right that whatever difference is being picked up is then extrapolated into a large difference in the ceiling bounce calculation. I presume the various bounces are weighted when...
  4. H

I guess it could be an error, but it seems like these ceiling and floor bounce anomalies are pretty common.
  5. H

That's what I was thinking. I seem to remember that Raal ribbon tweeters in particular need to be crossed over relatively high, which probably means the crossovers between the two models are different.
  6. H

That's kind of what I was thinking when I first started listening to them. "Wuuut? These sound so...expensive. How are these sounds here in my living room?" All joking aside, it's a classy sound and I wish everyone had the chance to experience it and own it. Maybe if DF ever offers a Raal...
  7. H

I've been enjoying the ELX Titan Towers for a little over two weeks now, and I have to say these are just great sounding speakers. I know that's not a measurement, but those are available on the Ascend Acoustics web site, and I believe that owner exeperiences are just as important. I'm not...
  8. H

Ascend Acoustics - ELX Towers or Sierra EX + a subwoofer?

True, but they also have a beveled insert built into the grills that helps to deflect sound from the ridge. Wharfedale says that for best performance the grills should be used. Too bad they are such a nightmare to remove.
  9. H

No, I haven't heard the ELX towers yet, so like many others in these days of Internet retail I just did a lot of homework and read as many reviews as I could find. It helps that the owner/designer has built a rapport with various Internet communities. I wanted to build a DIY tower as my next...
  10. H

I have the Ascend ELX towers on order. I'm pretty much in the same position as you. My space is 12' x 30' x 8' and the 30' dimension might technically be more since the back is only about 3/4 of a wall that opens to the rest of the house. For bookshelves, I've used Elac UniFi UB52, Klipsch...
  11. H

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

I haven't been able to recreate the resonance problem, but I don't doubt that it exists under certain conditions. The thing is, every speaker should be judged at its price point. They go on sale fairly regularly, but even at the full price they are freakishly good. They may have some noteworthy...
  12. H

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

I assume by the recent posts that this debate is ongoing. I got the UB52's when they were on sale for the holidays and for what it is worth, I can't hear any problem using the referenced track. I have Monolith Monoblock stands filled with sand and some basic isolation, but using bananas.
Top Bottom