Search results

1. A

Picking DAC/Amp for Dan Clark RT

Where can I find the Wolf data you're using? I had a realization last night that the DAC doesn't need to be near the amp (I know, it's obvious), which means I do have space to use two separate boxes. (I guess somehow I was blinded by all the pictures of the "stack".) I currently have a...
  2. A

That's interesting. So that suggests that the DX3 Pro+ is probably adequate. The Wolf plot shows it at about 1.5 W, which is over 110 dB at 425 Hz. Do I have that right? It seems like the Sabaj A20D is a decent candidate, but significantly more expensive. (Also design is annoying with...
  3. A

I noticed that the amps shown on that graph seem to be balanced, which for some reason means higher power. Like L70 gives 5W at 30 ohm balanced, but only 2W single ended. I was planning to stick with single ended. How much power is needed anyways?
  4. A

So if the L30 II gets too hot, is there something that comes to mind that would be a better choice? Also L30 has no DAC, which is a complication. My space where I want to put things is not large, so with a separate DAC I think I end up with one of the devices behind the other one and...
  5. A

The DX Pro Plus review is a little hazy about what's going to happen in the low impedance low sensitivity situation. Amir says something about it going into protection when he turned it to 0 dB with the Dan Clark Stealth, but he didn't say how loud it got. Can I assume that if I'm at 12.5 ohms...
  6. A

I'm looking for a single ended integarted DAC/headphone amp for Dan Clark RT headphones, which are 12.5 ohm and 87 dB sensitivity. Expecting to use USB input. I am not sure how to pick. It seems like there are a bunch of good-performing Chinese brands, but they maybe have questionable...
Top Bottom