Search results

1. C

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

i don't hear any hiss when using any of my power supplies, ear right up against the speakers. But then my hearing doesn't go to 20kHz anymore. Not sure it even goes to 16kHz.
  2. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

i find i can only put on my critical listening hat for short stretches. It gets unreliable otherwise. Once i come to some conclusion abt what i'm hearing i just switch the critical listening off and go enjoy the music. Found that the LM4562 which you can order the A07 non-Pro with and which i...
  3. C

i do have more questions to pester you with, but first better go dig out those TI application notes you mention. i saved the link somewhere.
  4. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

... And geez, you guys. It's like i'm reading a YouTube vid commentary rather than an ASR thread. Stop ragging on each other, willya? Endless love, that's what we all need. Life's too short.
  5. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Subjectively, just switching the op-amps for other integrated ones make tiny to no difference to the amount of heat generated by the amp. They don't draw hardly any power. The ones described here in this thread that draw a lot of power and make heat, are discrete op-amps that're little circuit...
  6. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Ha! ok. i just went and gave the 3300uF cap a bit of upwards pressure and the adhesive release.
  7. C

Well shiver me timbers, i am in awe. Being an electronics ignoramus i certainly have no idea how to add a filter stage to an existing design. Leastways not without it being a conduit for the release of some magic smoke, mebbe even a couple small fires.
  8. C

i've looked up what i could of the parts in the A07, of the one i got. They're not the cheapest stuff, just not the greatest zits ultra-audiophile "i've got more money than i know what to do with" stuff. --The A07 Pro is an interesting exercise in putting in more expensive bits where it'll do...
  9. C

i'm fascinated. Could you explain to us ignorant folks all the changes you made?
  10. C

ok, i had serious brain fade when ordering caps, need some advice. Those 4 10uF caps between the heatsink and the op amps, i checked my order form and realized i ordered ones that're 8mm diameter instead of 5mm. Now i don't want to re-order since it'll be $20CDN shipping for $2 of parts, so...
  11. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

To get back to this A07 Pro amp. i've located in my country 63V Rubycon caps at 2700uF that'll fit, 2 of which can be used to replace the one 50V 3300uF capacitor in the amp, with a little jimmying and extra wire. Thinking abt whether i'll pull the trigger on those. It'll give me more peace...
  12. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Don't do that. Speaking as someone who hasn't any measuring equipment. Scrufboy may be a bit excitable when people starting rambling on abt other amplifiers besides the A07 Pro and pulling the discussion away from the topic of the thread, but this is an interesting thread. And it has been...
  13. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

i decided that copper tape won't do. It provides RF shielding but little magnetic shielding which is prolly what's needed here. Espesh those 2 inductors next to each other. They prolly each project a magnetic field that causes resonances in the other. That's why people prefer the shielded...
  14. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Hm, ok. Copper tape won't do. Will have to get a sheet of galvanized steel. Bring a magnet to the hardware store to check.
  15. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

The 48V SMPS has a 2 pin GX16 DC connector, so i'm getting some of those as well as some all metal power supply plugs with big enough of a hole for feeding thru 16awg speaker wire. That should be good enough, until i feel like soldering the wire directly onto the amp PCB. A lot of down sides...
  16. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Dang it again. i just ordered some! i've also ordered a sheet of graphite rather than carbon, so i'll be sticking the graphite over most of the bottom surface of the heatsink, and then pasting the copper slug on the graphite, with some graphite paste. Also i've ordered stuff, thin little...
  17. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Not me. After having run them side by side, i prefer the A07 Pro. It's most obvious at higher volumes. Even the heatsink is better on the A07 Pro. The new version of the A07 i have has a 9cm X 3cm heatsink, and the A07 Pro has one that's 7.5cm X 4cm, 3 cm2 better and with closer fin spacing...
  18. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Yeah, dang it; those Coilcraft inductors he shows won't fit here in my A07, those middle 2. They're too wide by abt 5mm each and all prolly too long by a mm or so. Will keep looking. Prolly Sagami units will fit. --And i might try an adhesive carbon thermal pad for between the heatsink and...
  19. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Also i'm messing with running 3 speakers per channel instead of just the ELACs, that changes things. It's why i went for this 48V SMPS both for higher voltage and its better current delivery. Still have to make a better DC cable to go from the SMPS to the amp. Parts aren't all here.
  20. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Yeah, the A07 sounds good at low volumes, but manifests some of that cheap amp cardboard sound when i crank it up. The A07 Pro behaves fine when i play it loud. Will continue running it in and see what it's like after a week. Guess i'll have to do as you did and mod the A07 Pro, to handle...
Top Bottom