Search results

1. D

How can I make this system better? Hegel h390 and focal Diablo utopia

ok I’ll measure it tomorrow and let’s discuss why no crossover sounds better despite more distortion
  2. D

Final look (for now) I guess I need some cable management skills ;-)
  3. D

My point is the response with woofer with no xover and letting it be full range is much worse than the above up until 300 hz with some distortion etc, but yet the pleasure of listening is night and day compared with 50hz or 100hz xover that gives almost flat response I just empirically proven...
  4. D

Yeah but what’s there beyond response? I saw perfect response here and yet reviewer says he prefers other speaker? I’m happy with these focals but wondering if I’m missing out on anything
  5. D

I'll repeat the question : is that everything I can achieve sound wise? Would upgrade to for example utopia scala (eventually) improve sound ?
  6. D

My personality changes every 7 years so don’t think it was me https://www.yourtango.com/self/7-year-cycle-mind-body-changes?amp
  7. D

Will do that Later, Been tuning with @ZolaIII and quite tired but good fun. This is where we got to (green with final touch high shelf @1000hz)
  8. D

Thanks everyone I’m in absolute heaven now :D Now the question is : how can I make this even better without overwhelming the room :D
  9. D

Not satisfied with performance of SVS 1000 Pro

The music I listen to with this kit
  10. D

Yes niva gets you from A to B , but do you remember the EXPERIENCE driving it ? Not so much! :D Yes I enjoy music on my Sony xm5 but I’m leaving my listening space with Utopias in state of trance, shock and awe. There isn’t really any comparision
  11. D

Yes but it’s like driving lada when you have Maserati. Don’t get me wrong I use them a lot but it’s just lada in comparision and my guess is the frequency response is similar! So I still don’t know why some speakers sound so much better in comparision to others with sometimes worse frequency...
  12. D

I really advise you to use good hedaphones (like I do and because such have lower distortion than best speakers) and tone generator to low range (80 Hz to 20 Hz) in order that you get real understanding what they are and how they sound (not much "quality" sort of to it). I have sony 1000xm5 but...
  13. D

You just said sound quality would be better if I lowered volume on better sub. So confused . I need sound QUALITY to match utopias :D
  14. D

Hmm, Maybe this then https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255976384077
  15. D

Yes it's just something I don't understand - if I bring it down is there any noticeable sound quality difference? - say both are responding at 70dB for any given frequency after calibration- and the response charts are looking very similar in reviews. Would there be anything I'm missing that...
  16. D

It’s not a question if I should get second woofer (I am getting it). What I’m asking is if there would be any low volume advantage of getting 2000 pro vs 1000 pro for the small room I have. Are the drivers the same etc? Im hunting room treatment and will collect it in following months, slowly
  17. D

Tell me one thing, Would there be any sound quality difference between say 1000 pro and 2000 pro without cranking up volume? I understand the 2000 have stronger amp etc but would it sound any better (more goosebumps) aside from covering lower frequencies that I can’t hear probably ? Thanks
  18. D

Kudos to @ZolaIII here, helped me tremendously to achieve this curve and it's just SOUNDGASM. And I mean it. I'm not leaving house, I stopped going to gym, I just listen and listen and listen it plays so good. Damn! Having goosebumps when listening was the goal and I'm there I think the...
Top Bottom