Search results

1. C

KEF R3 woofer or trim ring not centered : (

Well, I fixed it. In fact it ended up being simple enough that I adjusted both speakers to be visually concentric with the rings. The one speaker that was noticeably misaligned, had a speaker-edge to MDF-edge gap of .3525" (8.95mm) on one side and .3122" (7.93mm) on the other side. So my...
  2. C

ha - you are right! I failed the first IQ test. Now let's see if I fail the second one, as I attempt to re-align this woofer/ring ensemble....
  3. C

Sure, I could but it's more time/effort on my part - and there's no guarantee I'd find a similar (or worse) issue with the next set. So I'm inclined to first try to re-align the ring myself first, and if that fails then yes...return.
  4. C

Thanks for the quick responses. Right, I thought that the trim ring on the concentric driver was important (per Erin's measurements) but the woofer ring is merely a decoration. However, his misalignment is going to bother me so I'm going to pull the ring and see if I can get the alignment...
  5. C

First time posting, long time reading - and for better/worse I decided that the KEF R3 was a good choice for my room, placement, size and financial constraints. So I pulled the trigger and a pair arrived today. I immediately noticed that one of the woofer trim rings, or the woofer itself is...
Top Bottom