Search results

1. T

The Bach thread

Yes I gathered that much, thanks. The things he said were subjective.
  2. T

The Bach thread

It's not an objective explanation. It is purely subjective. You can describe the way things are being played (for example the way rhythms are shaped), but once you start attaching words like "profound" or "deep" you are being subjective. For example I don't hear those things in Thibaud's...
  3. T

The Bach thread

It's just a movement from one of his violin partitas, and I think is best seen in that context even though it is frequently played by itself. I would imagine that Haendel's performances of other Bach movements/pieces sound similar. I would question the aesthetic judgment of anyone intentionally...
  4. T

The Bach thread

She makes a nice tone without a doubt but this reading of the Chaconne is just ponderous. Personally I'm glad this is not the style today. Was more convinced by the Bartok and Stravinsky later on the record (the Stravinsky more than the Bartok).
  5. T

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Modest Midget - Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison)
  6. T

HE6SE harshness

Thank you very much, this helped a ton. Am going to do a little more experimenting but I have applied a dip at 10kHz, -6db, Q 2.0, and it has significantly helped. Very interesting. I'm going to mess around with this as well.
  7. T

HE6SE harshness

I have been trying to enjoy the HE6SE's (V1) I bought recently, but I'm finding that they sound harsh to the point that I'm wondering if I got a bad unit. I have tried both Amir's and Oratory1990's (Harman-target) EQ settings but they just sound unacceptably harsh regardless. For what it's worth...
  8. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD650 AKG K371 HiFiMan HE6SE (Really not a fan of these. They just sound so harsh to me.) Shure SRH440 (I use these when I'm listening to recordings of myself playing for work/audition prep.)
  9. T

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

This group's genre was listed as Anti-Folk on Rate Your Music, so naturally I was intrigued. Here is I Am Shit by Crywank.
  10. T

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Warren Zevon covers Steve Winwood's Back in the High Life Again
  11. T

What are we listening to right now..

You know I was listening to an album the other day that reminded me of Peter Gabriel 3/Melt. Check this out:
  12. T

One of the albums that got me interested in music when I was a kid. I love every track and would not be a musician if I hadn't heard it.
  13. T

Marina and the Diamonds - The Family Jewels. This is her debut album from 2010 and could reasonably be considered her best. It is chaotic and zany in all the right ways. Here is Oh No! (I Feel Like I'm the Worst so I Always Act Like I'm the Best).
Top Bottom