Search results

1. O

wondom bru5 pc dsp configurable TPA 3255 "300w x 2" mini amplifier

Wouldn't the advantage of coming from a PC be that you could play music from software that has whatever graphic equalizer/dsp you required? I'm also not sure how it would work with three channels for sub. 50w x 3 isn't probably wonderful going to three separate woofers, and I believe it was an...
  2. O

I just got a response from Wondom to a question about using the bru5 as a sub (doing the frequency cut via usb) and they said it wasn't a good idea. They suggested I purchase a newer product which seems more like a car audio sub amp that also is supposed to have the same dsp chip. Not out yet.
  3. O

10 X 50W USB Codec Input Audio Amplifier Board - GAB8

https://store.sure-electronics.com/product/799 I'm curious if anyone has any experience or thoughts on this. I had looked into their other 8x50w version, and this one seems similar but couldn't confirm the sound card chip. I believe it reformats everything to 48khz/16bit which would be a...
  4. O

I have had my eye on several different wondom/sure/partsexpress boards now for a while. I have an old 12in 140w sony subwoofer with failing electronics. I was thinking of using this bru5 to act as the amp while keeping the woofer and enclosure, then adjust the frequency cutoff in the software...
  5. O

How to experience 7.2.4 on Windows?

Class D amplifier boards like they sell at partsexpress is what I meant. From my reading recently, class D amp boards using tpa3255 chips may have some sync issues when used together. Something like a JAB5 has 4x100w output, and can link (and sync) to another board with is2, so that would get me...
  6. O

How to experience 7.2.4 on Windows?

Just curious if anyone on here had done any testing with cavern on windows? I was considering adding some upper speakers but I'm not sure it is possible. I was hoping to avoid an AVR and just use some digital amplifier boards. (I'm not sure I have enough atmos material to worry about it right now)
  7. O

Panasonic SA-XR57 Multi-channel Receiver Review

Thanks for sharing. I may have known that briefly 18 years ago. I have always liked how music sounds. How do the newer class D amp chips sound in comparison to the panasonics? TDA7498, tpa3255, tp3166.
  8. O

I believe you are right, TonyJZX. I'm not sure if the 57 could take analog and component to HDMI, though. I'd always heard the digital part was pretty good and the analog was just average. With my 45/50/55 lacking HDMI I would typically run video via HDMI out of my pc graphics card and a sound...
  9. O

Just joined this forum to update myself on the tech and learn more about what to do next. I had read all those reviews and personal experiences years ago and bought an sa-xr45. Years later I picked up a sa-xr50 and an sa-xr55 for a steal. Those both have semi perished and I'm uncertain I want to...
  10. O

Are there any class D amps like tpa3255 or better that can run directly from 48v to 60v DC solar house battery?

Hello, I had some ideas if anyone still reads to here. I share the concern of inverters inefficiencies and have considered using my big "house" lifepo4 battery to power some tpa3255 boards. I'm hooked to the grid so I have AC at my house, but getting "proper" DC power supplies at high voltages...
Top Bottom