Search results

1. T

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Likewise for me. However, the issue is random and I’ve noticed it happens more often if you try to access the settings menu when no other HDMI source (such as Blu-ray player or Apple TV) is turned on.
  2. T

Integra DRX-8.4

I agree. The Integra is still much cheaper than the X6800 especially when you factor in Dirac costs. The only small problem is that you can’t get your hands on it easily :). I gave up and just went with the X6800. In hindsight I’m very pleased with the unit.
  3. T

The reason the Denon AV receiver mobile app works in spite of them being on different VLANs is because I've configured multicast DNS (for the discovery portion) in the Unifi settings along with some appropriate firewall rules for the regular app traffic. However, Dirac seems to use SSDP (instead...
  4. T

Received my 6800H a few weeks back but took a while to set it up in the new room. Initial impressions are very positive. I'm not using eARC or even HDMI CEC (disabled in all my devices as I really dislike the "magic" of CEC - will use logitech harmony instead). Facing no issues with the...
  5. T

Receiving my 6800 this Monday. A bit scary hearing all these issues with the 6800. Is there anyone with the 6800 who has NOT faced these issues? Edit: oh! I plan to use an LG C3 with this receiver.
  6. T

I have the 4400H now and it will still stay in the other room.
  7. T

Excellent research! Thanks a lot for consolidating all these sources here in one post. I've always found your posts very informative. Really looking forward to getting the delivery of this receiver next week.
  8. T

Is the source of that chart even remotely credible? That seems to be the only source on the internet that seems to point that the DAC is an ES9017.
  9. T

I understand it is speculative, but if one has to guess, once the 6800h gets tested, what would the sinad of the front two channels from the pre amp turn out to be over hdmi?
  10. T

Audioholics Measurements and review of Anthem MRX 1140 and 740 AVRs

Decided to finally pull the trigger on the Denon X6800. This is for a mini dolby atomos 5.1.4 system which will also be used for listening to stereo (2.1) music. Now just hope the 6800 actually gets the ESS9017 chip
  11. T

Integra DRX-8.4

Yes, I reached out to one over there but it’s been on backorder for a while. I may decide to pivot to the Pioneer or perhaps even the Denon 6800 or the Anthem 1140. Let’s see - I’ll give it a couple of more days.
  12. T

My primary objective for this setup is going to be music (66%) listening which can double up for movies (33%). Planning to use the receiver coupled to the NAD M23 for the FL/FR and a HSU sealed sub.
  13. T

Was the Audioholics review not based on the older AKM DACs? (or did Audioholics test with the latest ESS DAC being used?) Also, good to know about the Denon using the ES9017. Looks like (from a different thread), you may be yourself wanting to purchase the 6800H. Any thoughts on the 6800H vs...
  14. T

Integra DRX-8.4

I believe it is the extra XLR outputs and also Dirac ART is apparently coming to the Integra but not confirmed for the 805? Not sure though…
  15. T

Grrr...was it really that hard for Anthem to go for the better ESS DACs on the 1140 - like maybe spend $75 more on the DAC for a receiver that they sell for $4,000+... Anyway looks like the best value right now for clean preamp output from the receivers is perhaps the Integra DRX 8.4/Pioneer VSX...
  16. T

Dang! Do we have any measurements of the ESS based units? Also do we know which ESS DAC is being used?
  17. T

Resurrecting an old thread. Does anyone know if the latest MRX 1140/740 being sold have different DACs/processing compared to what Gene tested back in March 2022?
  18. T

Integra DRX-8.4

Looks like it … for a long time.
  19. T

Integra DRX-8.4

anyone on the inside has knowledge when the DRX 8.4 may become available for sale again?
  20. T

Integra DRX-8.4

I have this receiver on backorder. Wondering if anyone can chime in if DLBC is worth the extra $$ or would MiniDsp 2x4 HD give equally good results? (I already have the MiniDSP)
Top Bottom