Search results

1. I

New Sennheiser HD 620S

this is too expensive for a closed back, when i could buy a hyperx cloud alpha for 49 bucks and get ~80% of the sound quality. $350 for something that has the same build quality of a 560s, its insane.
  2. I

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

i returned mine due to microphonic cable too. its unusable. wish i had known earlier because Rtings review does not mention it, and Amir's review does not mention the severity of the problem
  3. I

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

i think internal is a plus for this price range - for example the Topping external PSU feels so cheap i think they get any phone charger they have available and send it at least the c200 has a proper audio power supply and it's not "chinese driver", the device uses a XMOS driver which is...
  4. I

c200 has better remote control, better input and output ports, internal low noise power supply. this is better than more power (i use low gain anyway, but high is enough for most devices)
  5. I

this is the best all in one dac+amp in the price range; better than topping dx3 pro+ or fiio k7
  6. I

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

from my experience: topping dx3 sounds too analytical. topping dx1 with akm is very musical, maybe too much. smsl c200 is a good middle ground between the two. so not only different dacs have a sound signature, but the same dac with different tuning also sound different.
  7. I

i have topping dx1 and fiio k3, both have the same issue as the c200
  8. I

this is not a problem with SMSL, its a problem with XMOS; i have a topping that does the same thing, you have to edit the driver xml to disable power saving
  9. I

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Lesser quality is not worse measurements. Lesser quality is more musical and can sound better in many cases, allows for a more fun listening experience at higher volumes
  10. I

Lesser quality? Yes, but it's also more musical. What do you think it's better: higher quality, but less musical, or lesser quality but more musical. I personally use both according to type of music and my mood on the day.
  11. I

It's there on Fiio official website: "AKM is more musical, while ESS is of higher quality" (https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/562016.html)
  12. I

these newer akm chips have more stage and smoothness; while ess have better resolution and dynamics
  13. I

Volume control question

both options sound exactly the same volume its a smsl c200 (32 bits) with digital volume control, if its 1 or 2 don't know
  14. I

Volume control question

Is there any difference in audio quality between Windows volume 20% DAC Volume 50% Windows volume 100% DAC Volume 15% ? In the first case its possible to control volume with keyboard (assuming not using ASIO).
  15. I

This is coil whine. The same thing happens with PC power supply, or coils in your GPU. With a computer power supply this noise usually occurs with high power load (very high FPS), but this can also happen with low load on the PSU (your case with C200). The noise is totally random, some people...
Top Bottom