Search results

1. A

Topping D70 Pro Octo vs SMSL vs Others

Does he? When’s the last time he used that kind of language - language that describes an audible difference between DACs - in a review? Feel free to completely avoid the subject (and the acceptance of your own hypocrisy) because of a typo, againn.
  2. A

Topping D70 Pro Octo vs SMSL vs Others

Depends. You may or may not notice that Amir’s reviews used to contain a dedicated Listening Test section where he would discuss how music actually sounded to him with various products and it was loaded with keywords like resolution, detail, openness, airyness, etc. Perhaps as his hearing...
  3. A

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

What on this SMSL DAC suggests that any of the digital inputs would be digital outputs?
  4. A

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

The ADI-2 Pro (your first photo is the ADI-2 DAC, btw) and Digiface AES are both AD/DA. The SMSL D400ES is a DAC so it only takes digital information (digital inputs) and converts it into analog audio (analog outputs) so it's pretty self explanatory that the digital connections are inputs and...
  5. A

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

My post makes perfect sense, you just don’t like it, and I don’t think you know what an analogy is.
  6. A

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

Are you all done with the “hurr hurr I found a picture with the word Velvet” stuff yet? Yeah? Alright, cool.
  7. A

You can’t really assess longevity but basic measurements like weight, the force required to interact with it, the materials used in its construction are all objective and would go a long way in painting a clearer picture. Things like build quality are more subjective but also valuable. Does the...
  8. A

Maybe mention the fact that the wall wart PSU is almost twice as heavy as the actual amp. That the force required to press its gain or input buttons is greater than the weight of the entire plastic unit. Maybe that your headphones probably weigh more. HD 660s - one of the lighter pairs in my...
  9. A

Yeah, ordinarily I’d think it was a fluke, but two different brand new units both doing it..? Come on. I find that the reviews here maybe focus too much on microsopic measurements to the point where basic, practical usability is thrown out the window. So it measures great, cool, when...
  10. A

This thing is junk. I have two different units - both bought new straight from JDS - and both of them have trash-tier balance that makes them unusable at low volume. One side essentially disappears until you have their volume knob up around 12 o’clock and by that point it’s far too loud...
Top Bottom