Search results

1. K

Project Rectonics aka Kamu M1: Powered streaming speaker

Snapmaker j1 or bamboo lab carbon x1. I suggest steering away from big printers since they need to be industrial quality, enclosed and with heated chamber to be actually usefull. I have sub par machinery for doing speakers, but they will provide usable parts alongside with some frustration.
  2. K

I need to redo the measurements because I didn't put the wind hat on the mic , but you might get the idea. 0, 45 & 60 degree ungated w/ 1/12 smoothing.
  3. K

Maybe on sunday if the weather stays calm. I think I will make an adapter to mount the speaker to my telescope stand with some angle markers. Then I can keep mic stationary and rotate the speaker. I was thinking of measuring at 30 degree intervals 0,30&60degree.
  4. K

Too windy outside so here's some half assed gated measurements. Accurate to around 400hz. Rise in hf is intentional. The bmr sounded a bit dull when the fr was flat. This is due to hf dispersion which narrows from 120degree to 90degrees after 10k.
  5. K

There is a petg enclosure around the amp electronics. Normally it would not need an enclosure, but mine came with slightly bad seal so I just enclosed it since it was easier than taking the plate amp appart and fixing the seal around the power socket.
  6. K

This filament is matte high temperature pla that I got from anycubic surprise box. High temperature means that it's designed to withstand annealing, which is process I did not use so it's basically just matte pla+ that prints great. What comes to temperature resistance you'd need the whole...
  7. K

They are also printed. The fabric is glued from the front side just from the lowest point around the 'dustcap' and from the backside. Front side is glued with spray adhesive and ca in the back. It stays in place with the aid of neodiym magnets.
  8. K

Final design iteration of the grille, but I need better glue. I used spray contact cement, but that seems to have tendency to loosen up when heat is applied. I tried with a hairdryer and sure enough the glue gave out. Since I absolutely need a glue that actually hardens, I'm going try to get my...
  9. K

You just need to upgrade your machine's flow and cooling capability so you can print with larger nozzles. These averaged around 27 hours per half so it's not too bad.
  10. K

As far as stiffness goes it's quite the same as birch ply. I used 3 0.6mm walls and 35% grid infill. I could have gone a bit higher, but I absolutely wanted to keep the halves under 1kg. Cabinet structural resonances were still above woofers band @600-700hz so I'd call this a success.
  11. K

Round or chiseled? For the life of me I can not make up my mind...
  12. K

I assembled the speakers today and attached the logos. Still working on the grilles, but I can dive into the amps dsp tomorrow and take some measurements.
  13. K

I took 2 bmr drivers and measured them in a wg close range so don't pay much attention of the shape of the fr. The whole idea is to compare drivers. Apparrently they are of a constant quality. Another one is broken in and another isn't. They still do measure inside 1db so I'm not going to go...
  14. K

Tested the tuning today. It was a bit lower than expected. I was aiming for 47hz and end result was 40hz. Surely I can raise it a bit since the last portion of the resonator is separate, but I've could have gone with a bigger port if I knew that tuning is going to lower. Apparrently measuring...
  15. K

Yes! Everything but the sidepanels and electric parts are 3d printed.
  16. K

It sure is tight in there! Fortunately the fully 3d printed version of the enclosure will have 4 more liters to work with
  17. K

Crossovers now finnished. Circuit board was hand milled with a dremel. Holes were cut using the 3d printed mask/component carrier as a template. Painters tape was apllied to solder points as a mask then whole thing was painted matte black, assembled and soldered
  18. K

Testing out the grille consept. I have some issues with glueing in the fabric, but I think it can be solved with pre stretching the fabric on to a frame and applying spray contact cement on to both plastic and fabric and applying thefabric on to grill whilst it is in that aforementioned pre...
  19. K

2k matte black spray paint. It was the cheapest kind
Top Bottom