Search results

1. U

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

OMG I committed an apostrophe violation!! Is that the best you can do?
  2. U

I have another question: How scientific is an open poll to 'rate' an amplifier, when nearly zero of the respondents who gave it a rating ever listened to it? Or is this forum only purpose to support the 'result' of the 'tests'?
  3. U

Damaging someone's reputation and product solely based on an incorrect analysis of it's performance, is a separate issue to the CE labeling/conformance.
  4. U

He did about 60 pages ago. He tried to address your concerns but this forum's members treated him like crap.
  5. U

Here's an idea, if Amir still lives in WA, maybe he should visit Bob who also lives in the PNW and go over the testing with him at Bob's test bench. I bet Bob would be more than willing to show him his Frankenstein lab where all the magic happens. :eek: :cool:
  6. U

I explained how it should have been tested at the bottom of page 117. You can't place any probe on the negative speaker terminal, it will cause problems with the feedback loop. If that's what happened in ASR testing, then all the results are invalid because the amp was oscillating and...
  7. U

He is a friend who works on Carver equipment. He donates his time to people restoring amps for them. He does not want to argue with people here, he doesn't have the time. I've posted what's wrong, and how the test can be done correctly, that's all I can do.
  8. U

Here is a quote from whom I referenced as the person who tested this amp on another forum: That's the 'how to' on getting correct bench test measurements. I'm only the messenger here, please re-do the tests following this method.
  9. U

No, I said if you want an answer why, ask the man who made it. The person I said who tested them is unavailable for comment.
  10. U

It's not the 'word of the designer' I reference. I'm not a tech, but I know someone who is and has tested these amps. It's not Bob or anyone affiliated with Bob's company, past or present.
  11. U

You need to ask Bob, I don't know exactly why but I do know that this is the basis for the problem with measuring it. It might have something to do with the self-regulating bias as well, but not sure.
  12. U

The amp uses a negative feedback loop to reduce distortion. Placing a piece of test equipment across the terminals of the speaker outputs will interfere with the feedback and cause the amp to distort. The distortion is then measured as 'error' but it's induced error due to the incorrect test...
  13. U

I'm writing this reply in hopes that ultimately, maybe the forum owner will kindly remove this review from his website (or at the very least fix the errors and remove the hateful replies towards Bob). If what I say seems offensive, well please understand that I am trying to say it as politely...
Top Bottom