Search results

1. N

What are your digital media sources previously and currently ?

Lately I have been messing around with all the streaming services (this is what I prefer as a source). I started with Spotify as I have been using it for years. The only thing that it lacks is lossless and lately I've been itching to just mess around with that. I tried Qobuz+Roon and Apple...
  2. N

Does Topping DX7 Pro+ Have Proper 'Analog' Volume Control?

I have a DX7 Pro+ DAC currently feeding directly into a power amp (I have both Akitika (SE) and Audiophonics NC252 (Balanced)). 1) Do I need a preamp in this chain? I only plan to have 1 digital source via USB. 2) Does it matter if I connect to both amp at once via RCA+XLR mode? I think...
  3. N

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Let me check that thread out! Thanks
  4. N

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

If I only have one source, and it’s mostly digital, do I benefit anything from connecting it to a preamp before a power amp? I already own this smsl u-9. Let’s forgot about tube gain stage pre. I don’t want to discuss that on ASR, I understand the crowd I’m talking to :) The big difference...
  5. N

Linkwitz LX521.4 - new build and impressions

I just went through and read all 10 pages of comment. Love every min of it :) I've been a fan of Linkwitz' work over the years and started out with building the LxMini many years ago. I have always wanted to build a set of these Lx521 but never got the wife's approval to place them in the...
  6. N

CSS Criton 2TD-X Build Log

I believe CSS design and manufacture their own drivers.
  7. N

Oh darn, thanks for bringing that photo issue to my attention. It looked fine on my pc last night. ** I think I've fixed the pics from the first post so I'll remove the reddit link here
  8. N

Hello, First time posting any DIY related things on here. Got back into audio recently and discovered ASR. Fun stuffs, Y'all are def most entertaining. Anyways, I've been into audio on and off over years. The last time I was deeply into this hobby, it was when I built my first set of speakers...
  9. N

DarkVoice 336SE Circuit Overhaul

Thanks for the quick reply @L0rdGwyn ! Yep, was just trying to see if I want to add more things to my mousser order to save on shipping. But thanks for stopping me from going further down the rabbit hole. I will at least play around with your center tap + elevated heaters mods first. Sounds...
  10. N

DarkVoice 336SE Circuit Overhaul

Hey @L0rdGwyn, I own a DV for awhile now and have had fun with it. Came across your work on modding this tube amp and I have a few question(s) 1) Seems like the most worth while mod is: " 5) Created a virtual center tap via 2x 100ohm resistors on the heater supply. Elevated the heater...
Top Bottom