Search results

1. F

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

In practice is that very low noise noticeable? (i.e. during listening)
  2. F

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

So does this have hiss? Or any hint of audible hiss in either passive or active modes?
  3. F

Monitor Audio Platinum 3G

The Gold 5G are excellent and they must have fixed the treble as it's definitely not a bright speaker. Am curious to read comparisons between the Plat 3G and Gold 5G to see if the substantial cost difference is worth it.
  4. F

You should clarify which generation of Golds you're referencing - the 5G are not at all bright. Rich & warm is a more accurate description
  5. F

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

Likely unit was faulty - exhausted all other options at the time.
  6. F

Hopefully the Kara is hiss free compared to the Freya S
  7. F

Try to put the port plugs in just the bottom hole of each speaker and see if that helps balance it. But yes the MA Gold 200s have a rich/warm sound to me overall - the Silvers were on the brighter side (usually with treble fatigue).
  8. F

How are these sounding? Is there any change or perceived "break-in"?
  9. F

Yeah the room plays a big part in the measurements when taken from the seated position, so again the use of measurements are limited as these are impacted by the room. YMMV, I prefer to read a number of impressions rather than rely solely on graphs, imo etc
  10. F

I don't listen to graphs, so impressions of the speakers in use is way more interesting to me.
  11. F

Look forward to your impressions! An eventual comparison to the Gold 200 5Gs would be great too
  12. F

Any news on this please? Did you get the Gold 200s?
  13. F

That sounds great. I have a feeling the Gold 200s hit a kind of sweet-spot price wise for performance - the equivalent Platinum 200 3G are ~£9K vs ~£3K for the Gold 200 5G. I wonder how much better the Plat 3G 200s would be
  14. F

Thank you for this - how do they compare to the Gold 200 5G please? Do you have measurements for the Gold 200s?
  15. F

New Volumio Rivo

Ahh so I don't need to manually add the Jpeg to each individual root folder? That's great news then.
  16. F

New Volumio Rivo

Is it true that Volumio doesn't pull Album Art like how JRiver and most other programs do? Like I'd need to manually add the Jpeg in each album folder? Jeeez
  17. F

New Volumio Rivo

Would JRiver work with the Rivo?
  18. F

So erm anyway, has anyone managed to get the new 3Gs in for listening? Curious how they compare to the current Gold 5G and Silver 7G lines, both of which are very good for their price points.
  19. F

I mean it's a Freya S, so I'd hope not ;)
  20. F

The amount of hiss doesn't change from min volume to max volume on my unit. The only time hiss isn't present is either in passive mode, or in the gain modes when muted.
Top Bottom