Search results

1. S

Time to upgrade?

Thank you for the replies. I probably won't pull the trigger on a sub until my VA home loan goes through and then I probably won't have the money for it. :') Looks like this sub has been out for a while. I will post again asking for recommendations when I am ready to buy!
  2. S

Time to upgrade?

Ah ok. Right now I have kh120 Neumanns. The only thing I could think of doing is getting a sub at this point which I don't even know if that's possible on this setup.
  3. S

Time to upgrade?

I was possibly exploring something different and new because my current DAC listed above does not have differential end-to-end. I don't know how big of an issue this actually is, but it sounds like it's a pretty important feature that I should want to have.
  4. S

Time to upgrade?

I have an Adi 2 Dac FS. I got it a few years ago. I am not sure how this works. Is this a one and done kind of thing? Or are you supposed to upgrade every few years for something newer? If so, what should I be looking at?
  5. S

XLR Cable Suggestion

So because I need it sooner rather than later and I am going with a fairly short cable, 6 ft, go with the Mogami?
  6. S

XLR Cable Suggestion

4 to 6 ft.
  7. S

XLR Cable Suggestion

I am confused about this... low-capacitance, high-flex cable vs. Higher noise rejection, but with higher capacitance What's the difference?
  8. S

XLR Cable Suggestion

Blue Jeans Cables vs. Mogami?
  9. S

ADI-2 DAC Setup

Do these look like they are setup correctly?
  10. S

XLR Cable Suggestion

I do not care about price. I care only about quality. Can you please give me a recommendation of the very best XLR cable money can buy to go with my Nuemann KH120 speakers? Right now, I am looking at these: https://www.amazon.com/Mogami-GOLD-STUDIO-15-Microphone-XLR-Female/dp/B0002E1P2Q?th=1
  11. S

ADI-2 DAC Setup

I guess I am missing something. To me, I think I would want it to be +/-0. That way there is no + or - depending on my volume I am using with the knob.
  12. S

ADI-2 DAC Setup

So it's impossible to completely turn off the + or - then so that I am in 100% control? Or are you saying that I shouldn't worry about it?
  13. S

ADI-2 DAC Setup

Wow! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much! I want to be in total control of my noise levels. Assuming that the Auto Reference feature doesn't do anything to enhance the sound quality, let's turn that completely off. I toyed around this this slightly when I first got it but...
  14. S

ADI-2 DAC Setup

I am using it on a computer and I have two Neumann KH 120 speakers. Is that what you're asking for?
  15. S

ADI-2 DAC Setup

Hi there! I am looking for some assistance setting up my ADI-2 DAC. I am coming from a plug and play Schiit Stack so as you can imagine there is a much bigger learning curve there. On my own, I have enabled auto screen dimming feature and remapped some keys on the remote so I do not...
  16. S

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Hi there! I am brand new to the forums and new to the ADI-2 DAC. I upgraded from a Schiit stack and suffice it to say, I bought something way above my skill level. Reading the manual did help but not enough which is why I am here now. I am looking for the general concensous of things I need to...
Top Bottom