Search results

1. BDWoody

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

Yes. Please drop the trollish part. It's not as cute as you seem to believe.
  2. BDWoody

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

They've been hitting me with purr therapy at every chance. Might not be such a bad thing! "The potential health benefits of a cat’s purr for humans may be what people find most fascinating. According to research, the human body may benefit from the frequency of a cat’s purr. Notably, research...
  3. BDWoody

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Well, I was going to get a house out in Hackensack... But is that all I get for my money? That version you linked will definitely be hard to forget!
  4. BDWoody

Cat News?

Maybe a Craigslist or local type advertisement to see if you can find them actual homes. That's a heartbreaking situation, but I know you will do your best for them.
  5. BDWoody

Sound is subjective, yes. However, at some point there aren't enough differences in the output of the signals to be audible to anyone. Taste is subjective too, but if I claim my steak tastes better because of my special fork (which is stainless steel, but special for reasons I can't divulge)...
  6. BDWoody

The so called Amir? ummmm...what? That is his name. This doesn't seem to be improving. Recommendations aren't based on whether stuff is cheap or expensive, they are based on how it performs through the tests he puts them through. These aren't recommended based on sounding better, they are...
  7. BDWoody

You've had a bit of a rough start. It's hard to tell if you are here in good faith when you start out like you have. They certainly aren't going to be the same, but they will likely sound the same if you set up a test that isolates the ears. Maybe you can take a little time to get to know...
  8. BDWoody

The Waxwing Thread

Only in the sense that it can reduce a good bit of the snap crackle pop inherent to the medium (if you turn that setting on), but otherwise I find my Puffin just makes for a very good Phono-Pre. I'd definitely get another of Shannon Parks products if I needed another one.
  9. BDWoody

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Can you think of a circumstance where you'd even want a dynamic range of over 190dB and/or a frequency response up to 384kHz? Apparently the Gray Moth can hear up to about 300kHz (gotta get away from those bats with that pesky echolocation thing), so there is that to consider if you want to...
  10. BDWoody

What's confirmation bias in objective experiment? I am pretty sure we all have it. Why?

Most don't understand the importance of controls, or don't understand what is actually being said. Haven't we already done this? Please go read the responses you've already gotten again, this time with more work at the understanding part.
  11. BDWoody

No contamination at all. So glad you got too the other side of that one, as Aortic dissection is seriously nasty business.
  12. BDWoody

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

He's gotten a little time out to ponder things.
  13. BDWoody

Cat News?

That's so terrible and sad. I'm so sorry.
  14. BDWoody

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

What a strange few posts you've made. I think you need to fill in some blanks a little better before trying again. You are coming across as a bit rude. Or, since you've got the details on what Amir should do, there's a great opportunity for you to set up your own site and show the world how...
  15. BDWoody

A Call For Humor!

If you use it on a belly, does it smell like bacon?
  16. BDWoody

That's so predictable and funny. When I did decide to call, I asked that they not use sirens and lights because I didn't want to disturb the neighborhood...:rolleyes::facepalm: You couldn't be more spot on. It would be a very difficult thing to go through alone. There is nothing on this...
  17. BDWoody

No need to look it up unfortunately. I've been seeing it on all my charts as that's what I was having. Once that was pretty much confirmed by the hospital as the most likely diagnosis from what was sent while I was in the ambulance, they put the first of a few nitrous tablets under my tongue...
  18. BDWoody

Thanks Don. Yeah, the odds of surviving an out of hospital cardiac arrest are not very good are they. Based on this article, less than 1 in 12 survive 30 days...
  19. BDWoody

It can also be an awesome stress reducer. :)
Top Bottom