Search results

1. Tilata

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Is the "popping sound at start and 5 secounds after stopping" thread still alive? It seems to me that the sound is related to the auto-mute of the DAC, possibly the XMOS USB driver and so firmware update will not, but driver update will solve the problem. Would you be able to direct me to the...
  2. Tilata

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

The X18's sound signature is very different from the D300 or E70V. It is great DAC for electronic and pop music with good separation and a bit more oomph. The sound stage is simlar to the E70V. I own the X18 & E70V & D300. I like them all. The D300 is a bit unique/niche and great for long...
  3. Tilata

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

It is actually a good thing about SMSL. When my Topping E50 is connected (but not switched on) it still locks Tidal (pass trough) so any other DAC gets only 44/48kHz stream other than the x1 unfolded 88/96kHz. ... not that I am really bothered about MQA anymore...
  4. Tilata

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

I was wondering if any of you could test below problem on Foobar: If skipping from playing a 256DSD to a 64 DSD track there is a period of white noise randomly from either channel for couple of seconds. No similar problem if switching from a DSD64 to DSD256 file.
Top Bottom