Search results

1. S

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

The latest firmware update for the iD4 Mk2 fixes the loud digital noise issue! From the changelog: v1.0.10 -Fixed noise issue at 96KHz
  2. S

Motu vs Audient for VSX Headset

Try the Motu without the headphone amp first. My iD4 here works great with a pair of 55 Ohm AKG's.
  3. S

(MOTU or Audient) Audio Interface Dilemma

It turns out that starting with 12th gen Intel have made some changes in the processor architecture, which leads to highly increased DPC latency. To get crackling free audio you'll need to use much bigger audio buffer sizes.
  4. S

(MOTU or Audient) Audio Interface Dilemma

About the crackling, try this - go into Chrome's settings / System / disable "Use hardware acceleration when available". Restart the browser. Can't give any opinion on the MOTU, but my Audient runs smoothly on a 11th gen Intel PC. No dropouts even at 2ms latency.
  5. S

GOING CRAZY WITH AUDIO INTERFACE ISSUE

If it's emulated (fake) asio like Asio4All, it won't work. Only the dedicated ASIO driver by your audio interface's manufacturer can effectively bypass the Windows audio kernel.
  6. S

PreSonus Studio 68c for 2.1 listening - a painful experience

Edit: I just noticed that you have DPC latency spikes, caused by your Graphics Driver. Ideally your DPC should be under 100 us, even when using ASIO.
  7. S

motu m4 knobs

Another option would be getting 2 stereo interfaces. This way you can have completely independent control of the levels and all other parameters. Or you could get a USB/MIDI controller to adjust the levels separately in the playback software (DAW). Something like the Korg Nanokontrol 2.
  8. S

motu m4 knobs

Unless there's a way to assign the big knob to send MIDI CC, like on the Audient iD series, I don't think that you can get separate 1-2 and 3-4 level controls.
  9. S

Dilemma: Best audio interface option under £250? Seeking Pre-amp & Head Amp Advice!

The Audient iD4 MkII is £125 at Thomann. You can use the rest of your budget on a decent headphone amp.
  10. S

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Have you tried a different mic? The SM7b has a very low output level of only 1.12 mV, and is often used in combination with the Cloudlifter CL-1.
  11. S

Yet another thread on USB interface recommendation (ADC for audio measurement system)

This Audiolab review is from 2021. The first revision of the iD14 MkII used a different chip, manufactured by AKM. Only the newer units are upgraded with the ESS Sabre 32-bit ADC.
  12. S

Yet another thread on USB interface recommendation (ADC for audio measurement system)

Both the E1DA Cosmos ADC and iD14 MkII use the same ESS Sabre 32-bit chip, ES9822PRO.
  13. S

It's really easy to unscrew those spacers. But if you're simply curios about the ADC, look at the serial number on the back plate. Mine is 27-02- 1021 -2091, and has the new ESS 32-bit PRO ADC inside. The same chip that's in the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE.
  14. S

:facepalm: Alright, the iD4 was designed to power both 55Ohm and 250Ohm cans, but not your 80Ohm headphones.
  15. S

Last thing to check: have you accidentally pressed the volume knob? It also functions as a clickable button, attenuating the output level by 15dB. With my 55 Ohm cans the iD4 Mk2 has plenty of power.
  16. S

Hm, why are you using WASAPI, and not the dedicated Presonus ASIO driver? I would personally first try the ASIO driver, and as a second option the DirectSound driver. Both with a buffer size of 1024 samples or more.
  17. S

Pops/clicks can be very annoying. I had a similar issue last year, but figured out it was a live view graphic equalizer, taxing the integrated GPU. Have you tried minimizing all software GUI's to the taskbar? Sometimes your graphics card and the USB you connect the audio interface to share the...
  18. S

Audient iD4 Audio Interface Review

No more experiments. Switching from 44.1kHz to 96kHz did add a bit of clarity in the higher frequencies, but that digital "fart" was brutal.
  19. S

Whoah! Today, while I was listening to music, the iD4 suddenly started producing the loudest imaginable digital noise, that didn't stop until I unplugged the USB cable. Maybe it was the combination of using a 96kHz rate, and a 16 samples buffer.
  20. S

It is a hardware limitation when monitoring your sound through the converters. They add a couple of ms delay, which you probably won't feel, but will hear as a phasey, metallic effect, when the sound from the headphones is mixed with the acoustic sound of your voice. Unfortunately, there' s no...
Top Bottom