Search results

1. P

Sony STR-DH190 Stereo Receiver Reviewed

I just tried it with mine. I plugged the headphones in using a standard 3.5mm cable to a 1/4" adapter. As soon as I powered the receiver on, sound defaulted to the headphones. I tried pressing the speaker a/b button on the remote, but it wouldn't let me switch to speakers. This is just a...
  2. P

Nobsound 3-IN-1-OUT XLR Audio Switch Review

Thank you for the recommendation! Despite the high price, if it had more than one output I might bite! The cheap switch I had wasn't an issue until I added a second output amp. As it is - I decided to get a Schiit audio Saga - but won't use my Stax amp as one of it's outputs. I suspect my...
  3. P

I think that would defeat the purpose of this switch for a lot of people. If you have two sources powered on - say a solid state DAC and a tube Preamp, you can quickly switch inputs and get an instant comparison of the sound quality. I loved that. I don't think switching inputs was ever the...
  4. P

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

I think I found out the hard way that my Stax SRM 717 does this. It's reasonable to assume other Stax electrostatic amps do also. I'd been using my Stax SRM 717 with a switch that also converts between RCA and XLR. Everything was great until I added a Monoprice THX amp and connected with...
  5. P

I used to think the same as you - but the Hifiman He6 and He6Se variants require a ridiculous amount of power to drive properly. Though they're only 50 ohms, they're very insensitive, around 90db if I remember correctly. With a lower power amp, you can drive them - but they'll either sound...
  6. P

I would recommend being cautious with this switch. I was using it for over a year - using it just to switch between two inputs. One input would be direct from my DAC, the other would go through a tube preamp. It worked great and I was quite happy. The problem started when I added a second...
  7. P

Has anyone else used this to drive the Hifiman He6 or He6se? Having read that they could use more power to really open up - I bought these for my He6se V2. I was previously using the Monoprice 887 THX amp to drive them, but was wondering if I might see more benefit from a speaker amp. People...
Top Bottom