Search results

1. M

Determine balanced input/output from block diagram

You're more than welcome to! I'm here to learn and do things right : ) So it's actually even more complex than I anticipated. It's clear now that I need some more reading to understand this fully, in the meantime thank you for your replies : )
  2. M

Some extra context: - cable runs are relatively short (longest cable is 10 meters and it's the XLR going to the speakers) - I'm keeping inevitable unbalanced connections (RCA and 3.5mm stereo) as short as possible to then (next point) - "convert" those with a passive DI box before using a TRS...
  3. M

Thank you for your reply, very interesting! I first heard about the shorting when it comes to guitars, where it's intentional. I'll keep it in mind from now on. I have a couple of unbalanced outs (ie an RCA from a midi controller, no other options). On those I put a ground lifting box in...
  4. M

Thank you very much for your reply. After also comparing those diagrams to other mixers they do seem to be quite different, but I was waiting for someone with an actual understanding to confirm. Hopefully in the future I'll understand what those arrows and dots coming from the ground and...
  5. M

Well that's what I'm trying to do by choosing mixers with (hopefully) balanced 1/4 jack inputs. Or am I missing something? Is 1/4" somehow the same as RCA? (Just in case you're referring to the Swissonic passive controller I'm currently trying to replace with proper mixers, I'm not using the...
  6. M

The mixers: Mackie MIX12FX Diagram page 9: https://mackie.com/img/file_resources/Mix5_8_12FX_SS.pdf Wharfedale 1202FX/USB Diagram page 17: https://www.wharfedalepro.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Connect-Series-Manual-new.pdf Short question: I'm trying to determine if these two mixers have...
Top Bottom