Search results

1. L

AR Acoustic Research (OLDER) model number speaker with elliptical midrange- model no.?

Many moons ago, I took the opportunity (sans explicit permission) to listen to an "old" tube stereo system from the '60s or '70s, which used Acoustic Research speakers mounted in wood cabinets with expensive-looking speaker cloth, that look from the outside like the 1954 AR-1. What continues to...
  2. L

Basic Sub-woofer addition question for stereo music

How to gently ask: Is the following true or false? Setup: 1 pair of active speakers. I add a powered sub-woofer, or a pair of subs (the subs would match, as best as manufacturing tolerances allow). So now I have a stereo sound system with 2 amps, or 3 amps if I've added a pair of subs. I...
  3. L

Adding woofers to 2-way cabs

I have a spare pair of (passive) 2-way speakers. I'd like to add the use of the woofers in the spare set to the passive 2-way speakers I have in service now. I don't want to break into the sealed enclosures of either set to re-wire them with new 3-way crossovers (bad idea as drivers not...
  4. L

Noobie EQ bands question

It's taken me quite some time to get up the nerve to bother you people with such an elementary question, but... I have AR-18b speakers; they need a little push on the low end. I've used the equalizer in Foobar 2000 sporadically; I messed with a zillion combinations of from one to four bands...
Top Bottom