Search results

1. Analog Scott

The scientific method and its limitations

What an odd point. And it doesn't work really. Gravity has been the subject of a great deal of scientific studies. Human trauma has also been subjected to numerous scientific studies as has the aerodynamics of parachutes. So really, it failed to make that point. And in fact the idea that...
  2. Analog Scott

Head gear does nothing to prevent concussions. Neither do boxing gloves. The gloves protect the hands and the head gear prevents cuts. MMA is most definitely a safer sport than boxing when it comes to head trauma. MMA has greater risks from the chin on down.
  3. Analog Scott

Has there been any studies in regards to drivers, passengers and even pedestrians in so far as them wearing parachutes to prevent trauma in car accidents?
  4. Analog Scott

Speaking of helmets. I think there are some estimates that mandatory helmets for all riders in cars would reduce road fatalities by more than half. That's a lot of people. Of course it will never happen.
  5. Analog Scott

As long as they don't make parachutes compulsory for sky diving.....
  6. Analog Scott

"It is often said that doctors are interfering monsters obsessed with disease and power, who will not be satisfied until they control every aspect of our lives (Journal of Social Science, pick a volume). It might be argued that the pressure exerted on individuals to use parachutes is yet another...
  7. Analog Scott

I hope that they are just trying to be funny and nothing more.
  8. Analog Scott

Shouldn't a Phono Stage Be Like a DAC? Why so expensive?

and yet you still continue to participate. Any thoughts on Cosmik's assertion that "The death of TIDAL is another example where progress will be reversed whether you like it or not. Without the 'vinyl revival' and the on-going pernicious attacks on digital, might more people have subscribed to...
  9. Analog Scott

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Sonic excellence is in the ear of the beholder. If one listens to and prefers a 100,000 dollar turntable and has the money to afford it I see nothing wrong about it. There is an old joke about a prospector back in the days of the California gold rush who hit...
  10. Analog Scott

https://sme.co.uk/about/ http://www.continuumaudiolabs.com/about/team.php And this one is a bit interesting. I suspect he has a pretty decent understanding of the subject http://implantica.com/about-us/management-team/
  11. Analog Scott

Guess I'll have to keep my day job. If only it were just days.....
  12. Analog Scott

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338604/reference A wonderful short film about a dysfunctional musical family. And it has my vision of a classic mythical troll. I highly recommend it.
  13. Analog Scott

Apparently one can not talk about vinyl in any constructive form on these forums without that happening. Oh, and just a point of fact, *I* did not introduce the subject of vinyl on this thread. It seems the only thing one is allowed to say about vinyl on these forums is that it is terrible. If...
  14. Analog Scott

Great to know you guys are so good at identifying mythical creatures. Simply pointing out that your comments were a non sequitur. Sorry you did not follow. my argument strategy in this case is very simple. I showed the disconnect between the actual topic and your argument.
  15. Analog Scott

OK....so would you include the likes of Floyd Toole and Sean Olive in that? Is all the on going development of new speaker designs just a ploy to sell overpriced speakers and other products while we already have low cost speakers that can not objectively be improved upon?
  16. Analog Scott

Please tell me which book documents "the re-mixing of Sgt. Peppers: the digital version has been heavily clipped on the whim of the so-called engineer in charge of the project, while the vinyl version has not. Because everyone in the business now thinks that vinyl sounds better than digital, so...
  17. Analog Scott

You said the person who transferred the Sergeant Peppers Heart Club Band 50th anniversary remix clipped the signal "on a whim" "Because everyone in the business now thinks that vinyl sounds better than digital, so all the connoisseurs will be listening to vinyl, and all the troglodytes who only...
  18. Analog Scott

That is a pretty wild conspiracy theory ya got there. Thanks for the laugh.
  19. Analog Scott

1. The picture disc/CD/ DVD box? I have that one 2. Of course spurious vibration pickup in record players is worth worrying about. Do you believe that any designer or manufacturer of turntables, pickup arms or cartridges would go with you on that assertion? It does matter to the sound of vinyl...
Top Bottom