Search results

1. D

New Holo Red (pi based) Streamer / DDC

I see. I plugged mine in and it worked, so no changes needed.
  2. D

The Holo Red is superb and quite a value. No issues with mine. Not sure how a card slot can stop working as the card is never removed. Now experimenting with battery power. You can build a Stromtank equivalent for a tiny fraction of the cost with components from Amazon.
  3. D

Peachtree Gan 1 beta testing sign-ups open

Update on my first impressions. Back then had ultraRendu to Singxer SU-6 to Holo May KTE to Serene to Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks to Silverline SR-17 Supreme speakers then. Now I have Holo Red zero jitter streamer as source and a Pass X250.8 power amp, so quite an upgrade. The Pass is way more...
  4. D

Peachtree GAN400 Amplifier Review

The Peachtree GaN1 power DAC / DACless amp is interesting. Way cheaper and sounds better than the GaN400. https://www.peachtreeaudio.com/products/gan1 I have one and it sounds ultra transparent and better than the GaN400 I tried. Hope Amir gets one in to test.
  5. D

Thank you for the update. I have the May KTE and Serene already. Amazing products and no issues. Hope the Red is the same. I had an ultraRendu and that was faulty - eventually they replaced it.
  6. D

Update to my post: after seeing the incredible jitter measurements I ordered one too. It will replace 2 devides, the ultraRendu and the Singxer SU6 DDC, which means one less USB cable to have to tinker with (USB cable alone can be $1k for such a system although after trying 10 or so my favorite...
  7. D

I ordered the Serene preamp from the Kitsune site no problem. I understand what you mean about the "in stock" situation but they do explain what they mean by that on the site. Have the Serene and the May KTE. Great combo. From their site "This is special order item (will show “in stock” if able...
  8. D

I agree. I have a GaN1 and find it to be startlingly clean and dynamic. It some ways it outperforms my normal system and for less than the price of the interconnects in that system! I have mine connected to an iFi Zen Streamer which I use for volume control. To give some context, my normal...
  9. D

The cost of the GaN1 is the same as the cables alone from the components it replaces. ultraRendu removed, Serene preamp removed, May KTE removed, Kinki Monoblocks removed and 2 sets of Wywires XLR cables removed. Total of $15k gear removed and all for the discounted beta test price for the GaN1...
  10. D

PeachTree GaN1 received today. I am using JRiver to attenuate the volume digitally and sample to 192kHz, then passing that to the Singxer SU-6 to remove jitter, then on to the GaN1. The sound is incredibly transparent, squeaky clean and with no blurring at all, no matter what volume. The GaN1...
  11. D

Just got shippment confirmation for my GaN1 today. Will update when I've tested it out.
Top Bottom