Search results

1. C

Functional need: preamp, streamer, DAC, Room correction/bass management 2.2 system.

If you already have an amp, I'd look at the MiniDSP SHD or SHD Studio paired with a quality DAC. I've been out of the DAC game for too long, but this should provide plenty of screen time: https://www.l7audiolab.com/dac-sinad-charts/
  2. C

Functional need: preamp, streamer, DAC, Room correction/bass management 2.2 system.

I currently run a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 in exactly the configuration you're looking at. It's my only piece of gear.
  3. C

JBL 705P / 708P

I just ordered a Toslink cable to try...
  4. C

JBL 705P / 708P

Thanks Tom. My subs do not have the pass-through. I did think about splitting the pre-outs of the 1120 and sending full signals to both the subs and 708s, letting each filter out respective frequencies, but that would negate the use of Lyngdorf's Room Perfect correction software and seems like...
  5. C

JBL 705P / 708P

Thanks. The Flex HTx would handle eArc from my TV, but it doesn't have a network connection so it won't work with Roon over my network (my core is in another room, streamed wirelessly to a network extender then via ethernet to my audio system). Not sure if you saw my follow-up post about...
  6. C

JBL 705P / 708P

Thanks. I use a newer Apple TV 4K (HDMI output only), so I'm wondering if I could run HDMI to the TV then optical out from the TV to a MiniDSP SHD to handle room correction. I believe the SHD has enough outputs for two subs and the 708s, along with a network connection for Roon.
  7. C

JBL 705P / 708P

Contemplating a pair of 708P in a dual purpose music/"theater" 2.2 setup. Currently using a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 feeding a pair of BMR Monitors and dual Rythmik F12SE subs. I use Roon exclusively for music playback and eArc out of my LG TV. I'm struggling with a system design that would...
  8. C

I've owned speakers by.....

Infinity Meridian Thiel Salk Sound Emerald Physics Daedalus Sanders Sound Systems Reference 3A Rythmik Philharmonic Audio
  9. C

System Design

I'm setting up a new system that will serve both music and home theater, and I'm looking for suggestions on the processor/amp side of the equation. I have some specific requirements/desires which seem to limit my choices. Here's what I'm looking for: - Roon ready - ARC or eARC input - 4.2...
Top Bottom