Search results

1. da Choge

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Exactly; one of the reasons I wish the M66 had an analog sub input that could be routed through DSP for Dirac 4 sub output (maybe via an add-on card -- although there are other ways it could be done, just not as well-defined).
  2. da Choge

The Audio Advice video posted by Pogo was a fun and interesting presentation! I've been following the development and release of the NAD M66 for quite some time, so nothing much new was revealed, but the presenters' enthusiastic reviews of its features made me even more sure this is the new...
  3. da Choge

So . . . I guess that's true? . . . but is the NAD M66 discoverable to roon as the M66 with its graphic?
  4. da Choge

Ouch! NOT good! Firmware issue? NAD has been pretty good in solving most trigger issues in the past.
  5. da Choge

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

Yes! This is the same amp I'm looking to get from Apollon; but, probably in piano black. I do need another for my bedroom rig, but that has to be in silver, so for that one, I don't know if I'll go with the dual mono lux, the stereo lux, or the less expensive stereo, in their more affordable...
  6. da Choge

One of the online video reviewers that talked to NAD directly, has stated that NAD intends to enable a Home Theater Bypass mode in one of their future firmware updates. However, NAD is notoriously slow in enabling features like Roon-Ready, etc, so I don't know when you could count on that...
  7. da Choge

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

If you have a couple of spare bookshelf speakers (and maybe a sub), this seems to be a fairly nice and affordable way to stream good quality stereo music and play better than TV quality audio to guest and secondary bedrooms, considering the Bluetooth remote, control app, and the HDMI ARC TV...
  8. da Choge

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Disappointing and sorry to hear that! Has Topping ever really definitively addressed this issue except when their Korean customers were informed that it was either issues with the first production run and/or firmware -- can't recall, but correct me if I'm in error. I do not remember that...
  9. da Choge

Sounds like a good plan, if NAD can get their software team to perform. NAD has always had issues with getting their software/firmware to satisfy what they say their processors are capable of doing. The hardware side of the M66 seems to be just great. Hopefully, NAD will come through with the...
  10. da Choge

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

Don't have a clue about the math (or the energy to figure that out right now; kudos to you!), but that sounds pretty nice. The Denon would be the limiting factor as far as SINAD, I assume. The question is which Denon?; a Denon integrated stereo receiver, 4800H, 8500, A110, or the A1H? (I've...
  11. da Choge

Still, I think it would be difficult to properly integrate the M66 with a Home Theater setup - there are no analogue subwoofer inputs. And even with the two-channel stereo analogue pass-through, you couldn't utilize any of the unit's Dirac Bass processing features for the four sub outputs...
  12. da Choge

SONCOZ SGP1 Stereo Amplifier Review

I've heard it and, subjectively, it was great -- for as long as it lasted -- which was about 2 - 3 hours before the left channel blew out while playing my system at moderate levels (this occurred in late March 2023). But, more-over, Amir tested this amp and it tested very well objectively...
  13. da Choge

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Correct, only one is a USB-B AUDIO input. There are two other USB-A input/outputs which most likely can be used for USB sticks, USB external drives, or just to power/charge a 5V device. I think what the first responder was hoping for is a unit with multiple switchable/selectable USB AUDIO...
  14. da Choge

That's a bummer, but, like you, I already suspected as much with a NAD product like this. Still a very tempting unit; one just has to let go of their "all analog pathway" commitment sometimes.
  15. da Choge

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Wow! Didn't see that coming.
  16. da Choge

I think there are many of us that would have liked to have seen an HDMI out with Atmos pass-through and 7.2.1+ multichannel capabilities (for surround/spatial music) on the A8 instead of the I2S output.
  17. da Choge

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Has Topping ever come out stating they have discovered the issue and have effected a definitive fix for it? Guess I must have missed that.
  18. da Choge

Does anyone know if the DMP-A6 will transmit 7.1 multichannel PCM (or DSD, for that matter) through its USB out (to a multichannel DAC)? I know the HDMI audio out is limited to 5.1 PCM and 5.1 DSD, but I don't know about the USB out when using the A6 as just a streamer.
  19. da Choge

NICE! -- that's what DIY is really mostly about; discovery and fun. Glad you are enjoying the end result!
  20. da Choge

Yes, I believe he is speaking of the A6 with the Vinshine LPS power supply modification and not the stock DMP-A6. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Top Bottom