Search results

1. Casper

Ask me questions.

I was thinking more like the electro-mechanical volume controls that are physically turned by an electric motor. I used to have a receiver that did that and I always thought it was cool to watch the big knob turn. Another implementation is the stepped attenuator with a bank of relays like the...
  2. Casper

How low can you hear?

For reference, the low E on a bass is 41.20Hz. Some orchestral players will have a C extension that takes it down to 32.7Hz. The lowest note on most pianos is A at 27.5Hz.
  3. Casper

Ask me questions.

I have a question about the PA5 II. Why no remote control for the volume? If I could control the volume remotely, I would could get rid of my preamp. I only need two inputs--one for my DAC and one for my phono preamp. I wouldn't even mind having to switch between sources at the unit because I...
  4. Casper

Sutherland KC Vibe MK2 Phono Stage Review

I've tried to keep this conversation civil and on a positive note, even though you were probably trolling from the beginning. You crossed the line into cranky old man territory a couple of posts ago, but I thought I could steer the conversation back into something useful, but when you start...
  5. Casper

I want more reviews. Especially scientific reviews of audio products. That's what ASR is about. DACs are also a niche product. The reviews are interesting, but from a cost/performance perspective, there is less to be gained there. The state of the art is so good, and there are so many affordable...
  6. Casper

Yes, that is what I was referring to in my post. There have not been many phono preamps reviewed here, so the list is a small sample of what is available. I suspect that Cambridge Audio is not the gold standard in phono preamps. If Sutherland's entry level phono pre is is good enough to land in...
  7. Casper

Maybe I did miss something. Do have the list of inexpensive high performance phono preamps? That is what I'm looking for.
  8. Casper

The only way to know is with objective measurements. If it had significantly more headroom, lower distortion, lower noise, etc. I wouldn't mind spending $1400 for their higher end unit. $4000 is more than I would be willing to spend now, but that's not unreasonable in this market. A lot of the...
  9. Casper

Interesting company. I never heard of them but I'd like to see reviews of the products higher up in their lineup. The Vibe MK2 is their entry level product. Their top of the line model is only $4000--which for this type of product is reasonable if it performs significantly better. The styling is...
  10. Casper

Zoom F6 Portable Field Recorder Review

Bumping once more. Sound Devices markets (and prices) themselves at the top. I would love to see how they measure up.
Top Bottom